PDA

View Full Version : Script Error 3.3.3 Ulitmate with 3.5e Ruleset

PappaJHR
January 24th, 2018, 10:32
Hello All, I am receiving a script error when I attempt to drag and drop a feat or traits unto the character sheet.

Script Error: [string "feats"]:1: attempt to call field 'handleDrop' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "traits"]:1: attempt to call field 'handleDrop' (a nil value)

In the case of Feats it will add the feat onto the character sheet in an editable, but when it comes to Traits it does not add anything requiring manual entry.

I suspect the 3.5 ruleset is to blame for this error, but I wanted to make sure and verify that this will not cause any long term issues in the background.

Thank you in advance.

damned
January 24th, 2018, 11:22
Hi PappaJHR can you confirm you are using CoreRPG 3.3.3 and 3.5e 3.3.3 and no extensions?

PappaJHR
January 24th, 2018, 12:42
Thank you for the reply Damned, as it turns out it is\was an extension causing the issue. But I noticed while testing three small issues; first, I still cannot drag and drop any special abilities from the Complete SRD basic rules module to the character sheet, is that normal (example the test character has the "scent" racial ability)? Second, I am only running the 3.5e ruleset should I also be running the CoreRPG? If so how do I add it after the fact? And lastly, I added the Improved Initiative feat to my test character, but nothing changed stat wise, when I add a feat will I have to manually update the character sheet?

FG_Dave
January 24th, 2018, 15:08
Thank you for the reply Damned, as it turns out it is\was an extension causing the issue. But I noticed while testing three small issues; first, I still cannot drag and drop any special abilities from the Complete SRD basic rules module to the character sheet, is that normal (example the test character has the "scent" racial ability)? Second, I am only running the 3.5e ruleset should I also be running the CoreRPG? If so how do I add it after the fact? And lastly, I added the Improved Initiative feat to my test character, but nothing changed stat wise, when I add a feat will I have to manually update the character sheet?

Hello Pappa,

I did notice that the races from the Complete Basic Rules SRD do not have the drag and drop feature, however the official Pathfinder ruleset does and will add all of the racial traits to the Abilities Tab on the character sheet. Plus you can create your own races and enter the data yourself which will have drag and drop capability.

I believe the special abilities are for creating NPC's. These special abilities do drag and drop to the other tab on the NPC sheet. Ability Score Loss, Etherealness, Antimagic, Gaze attacks are all from creatures.

The 3.5 ruleset is already part of the CoreRPG ruleset.

As for the Improved Initiative Feat and other feats. These do not auto calculate when you drag and drop them to a character sheet. You will need to go to the combat tab and make the adjustments yourself.

Hope this helps

PappaJHR
January 24th, 2018, 15:19
FG_Dave, thank you very much for the reply, and yes it answers all my questions... and as I am sure you've heard more times than you can count, FG is best thing to happen to fantasy role playing since the release of AD&D... I would know, I have been playing since then...