PDA

View Full Version : A Letter To Say Greetings!

Majik
March 22nd, 2006, 01:16
I could not believe my eyes when I seen how long Fantasy Grounds has been around. I have looked several times for something exactly like this and whether I was typing in the wrong searches or just looking at the wrong places I only came up with the same result. OpenRPG And....well I disliked it. I wanted something that felt like I was playing the p&p game and not a video game with cheap graphics. Thank you Smite! This is exactly what I have wanted!!!!!!

-Majik

P.S. Add sound effect abilities =)

Tailz Silver Paws
March 22nd, 2006, 02:02
P.S. Add sound effect abilities =)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Fantasy Grounds Majik.

I too would love to hear those cyber dice clatter across the cyber table top :p

richvalle
March 22nd, 2006, 02:49
Welcome!

And welcome to the old 'sound vs no sound' fight.

:)

rv

sunbeam60
March 22nd, 2006, 08:11
Many greetings Majik. FG rocks, but still needs "attention" in the traditional channels. For reasons that I can conclude are based mainly on price point, other utilities seem to better FG in volume.

Anyways, welcome to the party.

Bjorn
--
Delenda est Audio

gurney9999
March 22nd, 2006, 17:25
Welcome... Hope to see you around!

(no real opinion on the sound thing... it'd be cool but there is a lot more I'd like to see prioritized before sound).

heruca
March 22nd, 2006, 19:16
Just out of curiosity, Majik, what searches were you using? There's 15-20 virtual tapletop programs out there, but I agree, many suffer from cheap graphics syndrome.

Majik
March 23rd, 2006, 03:15
My main searches I did were like on download.com. It's been about 5-6 months since I searched for it before, til now when I found it. I'm just glad to be here! I had gave up on finding a group to play with locally so I traded my books in for some cash so I could buy a few other items in life. But now I am on a spending spree to get all my books back LOL. Thanks for the hellos. I'll be searching the calendar for a game in my area EST.

-Majik

Tambryn
March 24th, 2006, 02:26
Welcome to FG!

Tam