PDA

View Full Version : Mini's Gallery, thousands of D&D, Star Wars, etc. tokens to module or tokens bag

valeros
January 21st, 2018, 21:24
Utility to download the miniature images from the "Mini's Gallery" site as tokens for use in Fantasy Grounds. Selected tokens can be downloaded as a module or to the Fantasy Grounds tokens folder.

Automatically resizes tokens based on size specified on site:
large x2
huge x3
gargantuan x4
colossal x6
everything else (medium, small, etc.) x1

Requires .NET Core 3.1 or later
(I tried to make a version that included the required .NET files to make it easier but then the executable is too large to load on this forum.)

LordEntrails
January 21st, 2018, 22:54
Everyone please remember, do not load them all into your shared tokens directory. You will crash your players client :) Make token modules and only load in FG the ones you need.

Thanks for posting this valeros, I look forward to using this :)

valeros
January 22nd, 2018, 01:18
You can, but you do not need to download everything. A few sample cases:

1) Need a blue dragon token real fast?
Search for "blue dragon".
There are 9. Not sure which one you want? Click on "Preview".
Double-click the one you want and it is now in your GM tokens folder (or shared folder if you selected that before double-clicking.)

2) Need tokens for "Tomb of Annihilation"? Buy the Fantasy Grounds module! Alternatively:
Click "+" next to "Dungeons & Dragons".
Click "+" next to "Icons of the Realm".
Click the check mark for "Tomb of Annihilation"
Type "Tomb of Annihilation" as the module name.
Uncheck "Sets as token bags" since it is only a few tokens and you want them together.
Click "Download Selected As Module".
Now you have a "Tomb of Annihilation" token module next time you restart Fantasy Grounds.

3) Want all the old D&D minis as tokens?
Click "+" next to "Dungeons & Dragons".
Click the check mark for "D&D Miniatures".
Type "D&D Minis" as the module name.
Leave the "Sets as token bags" checked since it is a lot of tokens and they will be automatically organized into token bags (Harbinger, Dragoneye, etc.))
Click "Download Selected As Module".
Now you have a "D&D Minis" token module next time you restart Fantasy Grounds.

4) Need a group of Stormtroopers right now?
Search for "stormtrooper".
Uncheck "Sets as token bags" since it is only a few tokens and you want them together.
Click "Download to Selected Folder" and you immediately have a group of Stormtrooper tokens in your GM tokens folder (or shared folder if you selected that first.)

Bidmaron
January 22nd, 2018, 03:54
This should be stickied somewhere

Luthbel
January 22nd, 2018, 23:48
Norton says itīs infected

LordEntrails
January 22nd, 2018, 23:57
My experience with Norton that it does not like any executable that downloads files from the internet to your computer unless it has been explicitly validated by Norton. Which this application will never become.

Your choice whether to trust any application downloaded from the internet.

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2018, 00:26
Norton flagged it for me saying it wasn't trusted, rather than it was infected. However, that said, there's a good chance of this being flagged as it connects to the Internet to download the token art, which gets flagged by a lot of security apps.

Either whitelist the app, or restore it once it's quarantined.

valeros
January 23rd, 2018, 00:38

Virtually every program I have loaded here (4E Parser, Map align, previous versions of this tool, etc.) has been flagged as a virus to someone. Try checking on https://www.virustotal.com. None of the 66 engines detect this as being a virus. Various items can cause the program to be considered a virus: not signed, no installer, info in AssemblyInfo.cs, downloading files, all the way down to using the File.Exists method. And some virus engines mark everything as a virus until enough people say it is good.

So while I can say as the author that I know it is not a virus, as LordEntrails says it is your choice to trust or not.

DM Veitch
January 23rd, 2018, 01:41
I am not seeing the option to download, or that anything is attached?
It displays a 'paperclip' and the words "Attached File" but what am I missing?

damned
January 23rd, 2018, 01:46
I am not seeing the option to download, or that anything is attached?
It displays a 'paperclip' and the words "Attached File" but what am I missing?

Bottom right hand corner of your screen - change the theme to FGResponsive.

DM Veitch
January 23rd, 2018, 02:09
Thank you Damned! I did not even notice there was an ability to change the theme...
All better now, greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

Szabtom
January 23rd, 2018, 19:27
Wow, just wow. I downloaded the Dungeons and Dragons full set (1793 minis as of today) and the tokens look incredible. Almost two thousand tokens ready to go after a few clicks. Awesome tool!
And some of the tokens are sized Large or Huge automatically!
Due to the nature of the "art" (photos of real painted minis instead of digital paintings/artwork) they have a serious retro vibe (at least to me) which I really dig.
Thank you for sharing!

Szabtom
January 23rd, 2018, 20:15
OK, I have downloaded the Pathfinder and Star Wars sets, and they are fantastic!

While checking out these awesome tokens, I found a few where the position of the picture could be improved. Would you like me to post feedback here, or send a PM?

Varatta
March 20th, 2018, 01:06
This is amazing. Thank you thank you thank you!

Thegroo
March 20th, 2018, 12:54
Thank you so much.

Graylock
March 22nd, 2018, 15:36
Hey all. I'm late to the party but finding difficulty getting these tokens to work. I'm sure I'm just confused and need some help. I'm running on a Mac through Steam.

I downloaded the "Mini Gallery" file, unzipped it and have two files "Mini Gallery tokens.exe" and "MinisGallery.xml".
What do I do with these? Place the .xml file into the "moduledb" folder of my FG directory?
Or do I run one of these files outside of FG and it allows me to select tokens from a Gallery and then save them out as a .mod file?
If so, where do I then put that .mod file?

LordEntrails
March 22nd, 2018, 17:24
Hey Greylock. I think this is a Windows application. I don't think it will run on a Mac unless you have a Windows virtual machine or emulator (like WINE or Parallels) you can run them from.

Hopefully who knows for sure can chime in.

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2018, 17:39
Or do I run one of these files outside of FG and it allows me to select tokens from a Gallery and then save them out as a .mod file?
Yes. But as has been noted it is a Windows executable.

If so, where do I then put that .mod file?
If you use the "Download Selected as Module" button in the app it will place the generated module file in the correct location in the FG data structure. Which is <FG App Data>\modules - get to FG App Data by clicking the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen.

Further info on modules here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview#Modules

Graylock
March 22nd, 2018, 21:12
Okay, that helps. Thanks. If I were to run this app on a windows machine would it allow me to save a .mod anywhere and then move it over to my FG App Data folder manually?

damned
March 22nd, 2018, 22:54
Okay, that helps. Thanks. If I were to run this app on a windows machine would it allow me to save a .mod anywhere and then move it over to my FG App Data folder manually?

Yep.

shadelon
April 1st, 2018, 00:21
Is there any for animals or insects like centipedes, millipedes, scorpions, sharks, etc?

valeros
October 21st, 2018, 19:13
Updated to work with new Minis Gallery homepage. (Also, the site is now up to 4,265 minis)

Szabtom
October 22nd, 2018, 10:23
Thank you for the update, valeros!

Blue Haven
October 22nd, 2018, 21:41
Thank you once again for sharing this :)
Big Hugs.

kirklandone
January 29th, 2019, 00:57
Running UPDATE on the Mini's application caused it to crash after it tries to update the XML file with the list of all the available minis. (which then leaves you without an XML file anymore).

Looks like a 404 URL error.

Trenloe
January 29th, 2019, 03:11
Running UPDATE on the Mini's application caused it to crash after it tries to update the XML file with the list of all the available minis. (which then leaves you without an XML file anymore).

Looks like a 404 URL error.

I don't get the error, but I do end up with a blank XML file. Replace it with the one from the ZIP in post #1 and don't update, just select what you want to download.

scarymike23
January 30th, 2019, 18:34
I also get the error when I try to update. I'll take your advice and just not update, but I thought you'd want to know.

valeros
January 31st, 2019, 05:23
I fixed the application.

Up to 4400 tokens.

It currently misses some that do not follow the normal convention of the other pages like "Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game" or "Role 4 Initiative Miniatures"

valeros
January 31st, 2019, 05:29
Is there any for animals or insects like centipedes, millipedes, scorpions, sharks, etc?

These is a search function on the tool above the list of tokens.

centipede -> 2 tokens
millipede -> no tokens
scorpion -> 7 tokens
shark -> 3 tokens

Shalrath42
April 4th, 2019, 15:51
Question answered (selectable when loading campain, just not when loading Manage characters) Ran the .exe, selected minis, created .mod, but mod is not selectable from within FG. Simply doesn't show up when click on the library's mod button (verified is in folder with rest of mods). Am very new to FG... did I miss something?

Tried again, noticed the following errors while program was loading minis:
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery13.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Reading set: Encounter Set: Red Dragon Evolution
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery12.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Reading set: Encounter Set: White Dragon Evolution
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery8.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Reading set: Encounter Set: Champions of Evil
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery4.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Reading set: Builder Set: Undead Horde
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery9.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Reading set: Builder Set: We Be Goblins
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery6.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Reading set: Beginner Box Heroes
ReadHtml Error on: pathfinderminis.com/gallery1.jpg.htm: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Attempted to create another module and every mini selected encountered a write error during creation. Mod failed to create

valeros
April 5th, 2019, 01:13
1) The errors about "galleryXX.jpg.htm" is actually a problem with the Minis Gallery page. The links are incorrect on the page. But I posted a new version that replaces the incorrect urls with the correct ones.

2) The errors about write during creation is a separate issue. My best guess is that the utility does not have write access to folder it is in. The application must be able to create files and folders in the folder in which you are running the utility. It creates the module in its own folder and when complete moves it to the FG folder.

Loriden
August 14th, 2019, 09:45
Haven't really had a chance to investigate further - or even turn off my virus protection - but chrome/edge/Win10 1903 is detecting this zip as a virus.

damned
August 14th, 2019, 10:23
It contains a script file. Script files can be written to be malicious. I've used it. You should make your own decision whether to use or not.

LordEntrails
August 14th, 2019, 14:12
Be aware, if you use this (and I have) and you place all of these new tokens into your tokens directory you are liekly to cause FG to crash (I did). Instead, put these token into token modules, and use them in FG that way.

Patou
August 14th, 2019, 15:00
If someone could make this into a ready mod file it would be great. With all the hacking going around and identity theft I could understand the concern.

I myself am really interested in this but i got my worries too. Got an email from Roll20 this morning saying they got hacked and info on users was taken.

I only use thier Marketplace...:confused:

Trenloe
August 14th, 2019, 15:27
If someone could make this into a ready mod file it would be great.
This is similar to the 4E Parser - it allows you to create your own module from data stored on websites. Creating the module and distributing the end module would be infringing on copyright. It's a grey area, but using the token parser works around that - you're collecting a bunch of artwork from the internet for your own use.

Patou
August 14th, 2019, 16:40
This is similar to the 4E Parser - it allows you to create your own module from data stored on websites. Creating the module and distributing the end module would be infringing on copyright. It's a grey area, but using the token parser works around that - you're collecting a bunch of artwork from the internet for your own use.

Got it;)

Orophor
March 19th, 2020, 01:06
Getting 404 errors for the whole star wars set. Anyone else able to make those tokens?

Thanks in advance,
Orophor

Trenloe
March 19th, 2020, 12:01
Welcome to the FG forums!

Getting 404 errors for the whole star wars set. Anyone else able to make those tokens?
It doesn't work for me either. The URLs are still correct, but it appears that the application can't access them correctly. I've made sure my security software allows the app to access the network, but that doesn't work either.

Orophor
March 19th, 2020, 19:55
Thanks Trenloe. Glad to know it isn’t just me. I’ve been lurking a while but this was the first problem I couldn’t solve on my own.

In the meantime, I made the tokens I wanted manually using Token Stamp 2: https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/

valeros
March 22nd, 2020, 03:15
Updated but did not have time for detailed testing. Hopefully works now. Thanks

Szabtom
March 22nd, 2020, 12:04
Thank you, valeros for supporting the tool after two years!

JonnyG
March 30th, 2020, 18:54
Getting an error when I either download as module or into a folder:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
at MinisGalleryTokens.MiniImageReader.DownloadMiniatu reToTokenFolder(String id, Boolean isGMFolder, Int32 pixelSize, Boolean roundedCorners, Boolean includeSetPath)
at MinisGalleryTokens.MainViewPresenter.DownloadMiniT oTokenFolder(String id, Boolean includeSetPath)
at MinisGalleryTokens.MainViewPresenter.DownloadMinis ToTokenFolder(List`1 minisSelected)
at MinisGalleryTokens.MainViewPresenter.DownloadSelec tedToTokenFolder(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at MinisGalleryTokens.Form1.DownloadSelectedButton_Cl ick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MinisGalleryTokens
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Users/Jon/Downloads/fantasygrounds/tokens/Minis%20Gallery%20Tokens.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

valeros
March 31st, 2020, 01:14
Based on that exception it has something to do with reading the Registry. The program reads the registry so it can put the tokens or the token module in the correct Fantasy Grounds directory. But it is odd because I have code to just drop it in the directory the program is run from if reading from the Registry fails. I would check that you have all the permissions needed to read the registry or get the full path from which the program is run.
-----

JonnyG, new version posted has an extra check for the error you got above but I cannot guarantee it will work for you.

valeros
March 31st, 2020, 01:44
Uploaded new version built on .NET Core 3.1 to keep up with current frameworks.

Also should not be tagged as a virus as much now. Only 4 of 72 virus engines now think this is a virus instead of 26. (Based on VirusTotal.com)

JonnyG
March 31st, 2020, 23:00
That fixed my issue, thanks so much.

JonnyG
March 31st, 2020, 23:10
Okay, I lied. It worked for downloading to folders, but when I tried to download to a module, I got the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'path1')
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2, String path3)
at MinisGalleryReader.TokenModule.Exists(String moduleName)
at MinisGalleryReader.MainViewPresenter.DownloadAsMod ule(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_0(Object state)

valeros
April 1st, 2020, 03:21
JonnyG, ok, hopefully I fixed this time. I assume it is going to drop the tokens or module in the directory you are running the program from since it clearly has an issue with the Registry. You will probably have to manually move the token module to your FG modules directory. (And please remember to not put too many tokens in a single module, it seems to cause problems for FG.)

JonnyG
April 1st, 2020, 12:23
How many would you recommend as a max for a module. I was going to create a module for each class, but in checking cleric there are 62.

RickSaada
April 2nd, 2020, 07:12
This is super cool, but in case anyone else runs into the same problem I did, be sure you download the *correct* version of .net. It tells you that you need to download .net, but it doesn't specify that to run this, you need the x86 version, not the 64 bit version. You also need the Desktop App version, not the Core version. I think I managed to do all the wrong combinations before I figured out the problem. Sigh. But now that it's running it's great!

Kneyalotep
April 3rd, 2020, 08:47
Many thanks valeros to share that with us.

This is super cool, but in case anyone else runs into the same problem I did, be sure you download the *correct* version of .net. It tells you that you need to download .net, but it doesn't specify that to run this, you need the x86 version, not the 64 bit version. You also need the Desktop App version, not the Core version. I think I managed to do all the wrong combinations before I figured out the problem. Sigh. But now that it's running it's great!

Hi. I had already given it up. Thanks to your explanation, I finally got it. Thanks mate.

Verdigris
April 7th, 2020, 22:41
Nevermind. Just saw the prior post with a possible solution.

dmdaddy
April 15th, 2020, 19:23

Positive malware detection on "MINIS GALLERY TOKENS.EXE"

That positive is from Malwarebytes Pro. Windows Defender identifies the malware as "Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C".

Here's (https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/250489-trojanwin32occamyc-persistent/) a thread about people having trouble removing this exact trojan. It also includes verified instructions to remove it.

This isn't a false positive for a script. This is trojan malware.

Trenloe
April 15th, 2020, 20:18

Positive malware detection on "MINIS GALLERY TOKENS.EXE"

That positive is from Malwarebytes Pro. Windows Defender identifies the malware as "Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C".

Here's (https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/250489-trojanwin32occamyc-persistent/) a thread about people having trouble removing this exact trojan. It also includes verified instructions to remove it.

This isn't a false positive for a script. This is trojan malware.
Thanks for raising this.

The link you provide is for a very specific malware Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C whereas the screenshot you provide shows Generic.Malware/Suspicious which is this: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/generic-malware-suspicious/ a catch all for anything that might be slightly suspicious.

I would expect this to happen sometimes with this specific application as it does connect to the Internet and download files - which is what it's designed to do. Malwarebytes has even tagged Fantasy Grounds as such in the past.

I would say that this is indeed a false positive. But, as usual, if you have any concern using software then don't use it.

valeros
April 15th, 2020, 20:18
Yes, it is a program (not a script) that reads web pages, downloads from the internet, reads the windows registry, and writes to your hard drive. That is definitely going to trigger some anti-virus as suspicious. Check virustotal.com, it runs against a variety of anti-virus and last I checked something like 4 of 72 marked it as suspicious. But as always, be careful. If you don't trust, don't use it.

dmdaddy
April 15th, 2020, 20:38
Windows Defender identifies the specific trojan when you attempt to run it. This isn't a false positive. I'd take a screencap of that too, but it's already gone from my system.

But your risk is your choice Ŋ\_(ツ)_/Ŋ

edit: Screw it. It's not like I'm not protected. Here's your screen cap. @Trenloe

@valeros I'm a Unity programmer. I know what a script is. And if every script that downloads data triggered antivirus, that alarm would never stop ringing. By your reasoning, my Malwarebytes and Defender should be blaring alarms every time I compile, because I use the Unity DOTS and have run upwards of 8,000,000 entities. I'm not mystified by tech terms, but I'm not here to argue either.

I'm not accusing the author of the program. Nor anyone else in particular. The infection could have happened anywhere that file passed along the line. But people should check, to be safe.

Doswelk
April 15th, 2020, 21:17
Kaspersky rates it safe.

I downloaded it to scan it.

RickSaada
April 15th, 2020, 22:35
Interesting. My copy shows as clean with MWB. So was it infected when you downloaded it? Or did it become infected while on your machine? I wonder if they updated it with a bad copy after I downloaded it. Hmmm.

valeros
April 16th, 2020, 00:14
dmdaddy, if you downloaded the previous version I posted (on March 21), that will definitely identify in Windows as a virus. I am not sure why but I got exactly what you get for that one. Windows immediately quarantines it. That was the last version I built and posted using .Net 4.x. But once I migrated to .Net Core 3.1, I posted a new one on March 30 and then another on March 31. That one shows as suspicious by "SentinelOne (Static ML)" and clean by the other 71 virus engines.

The old one was identified by 26 of 72 anti-virus engines as a virus. It was one of the reasons (not the only) that I converted this to .Net Core 3.1. (I even mentioned this concept in an earlier post in this thread.) (Although as you say, who knows, maybe that version did get infected somehow.)

dmdaddy
April 16th, 2020, 01:40
valeros, thank you for clarifying. Also, thank you for rebuilding!

Antimalware scanners work (usually) using some combination of hashing and heuristics. It's possible for a perfectly safe file to somehow identify as something completely different. Either it got infected along the way somewhere, or it has to be that. It has been since 2004 or so since last time I saw that happen! It surely can't be that something in .NET 4.x assemblies is doing it. There'd be so many games triggering alarms that it would be well known (and surely patched by now).

I'll try the newer version. Thank you for your work.

Ejin
April 26th, 2020, 20:16
Requires .NET Core 3.1 or later

Downloaded and installed the .NET core runtime 3.1.3. rebooted the computer and the app still says i need .NET core installed. What am I missing?

Ejin
April 26th, 2020, 20:21
NVM - I found the answer in this thread - needed the x86 version >.<

SirDave314159
May 3rd, 2020, 16:10
Had this exact same issue, and similarly found the answer by reading through the thread! Thanks for the great tool, perhaps you could add a note, either on the first page specifying to grab the x86 version of .NET?

valeros
May 9th, 2020, 02:45
Had this exact same issue, and similarly found the answer by reading through the thread! Thanks for the great tool, perhaps you could add a note, either on the first page specifying to grab the x86 version of .NET?

Thanks for the suggestion, I did that.

With .NET Core you can make an executable that includes the required runtime files so they would not have to be downloaded separately. But then it exceeds the size allowed for posting. :(

MapleLeafOnFire
July 17th, 2020, 23:03
Hey guys if anyone can help me out. Whenever I try to open the token gallery I keep getting an error saying I need to install .net core even though I've already installed it. Can anyone explain to me the issue?

RickSaada
July 17th, 2020, 23:08
Hey guys if anyone can help me out. Whenever I try to open the token gallery I keep getting an error saying I need to install .net core even though I've already installed it. Can anyone explain to me the issue?

From farther up the message thread, I said:

valeros
July 18th, 2020, 23:21
The latest version of the program I posted does use .NET Core. It uses the x86 version, not the x64 version.

RickSaada
July 19th, 2020, 03:04
The latest version of the program I posted does use .NET Core. It uses the x86 version, not the x64 version.

Ooo. I need to get the new version :) Thanks for the update.

Indus101
August 14th, 2020, 22:56
So...this is pretty *#%@ handy! Thank you, Valeros!

seanny
October 24th, 2020, 05:22
I notice that medium token pixel size is 100 as standard, can this be made bigger? I prefer 200 size tokens, I assume they have more detail. It does work really well though, I use it a few years ago and just had a another play around with the program, have been some new minis released in last 2 years. The minis tokens are fabulous, much better than faces/pictures produced by using token tool. I updated the program too, there are now 5583minis available-that is a lot.

valeros
October 24th, 2020, 05:39
The token size is one of the options already, just change it to what you want:

https://i.imgur.com/MU1kNnq.jpg

seanny
October 25th, 2020, 09:57
I noticed that box, but using the up/down arrows I cannot get the size above 100. Also if I type in say 200 ,then as soon as I make another selection elsewhere in the options available then the number resets to 100. I have downloaded all of the tokens at 100by100,some because of mini size are bigger,200sq,300sq. I want the medium tokens 200 square though. The program is fabulous, I love these tokens it produces .

Minor problem ,I can use a free graphics program I have to resize them but wanted the higher resolution initially.

On your own copy you can set this number to greater than 100?I am running it on an older laptop using win8 into FGC using the sets as token bags option. My modern laptop i use FGU and win10,I have not tried it on the newer laptop,I prefer to do all my custom stuff on the old laptop.

valeros
October 25th, 2020, 16:54
Sorry, I did not understand you were saying that option did not work. My bad. I just posted a new version which should fix it. (I did unintentionally limit it to 100 as the max.)

I tested with 200 and it worked for me, so hopefully works for you.

Also, since most people seemed to be using the x64 version of .NET Core, I switched it to that as well (as opposed to x86)

seanny
October 25th, 2020, 23:39
I downloaded new version, had to get the switched .net core as well (caught me off guard on that one, said I didn't have net core).Just checked on the Pathfinder Minis as a test, they are favourites anyway, and it all worked good. The produced 200by200 tokens have much more detail. Thanks.

Frodie
November 29th, 2020, 17:36
Kind of new at this, sorry, but where are the tokens downloaded to?

Alias245
December 20th, 2020, 07:07
Kind of new at this, sorry, but where are the tokens downloaded to?

I also new to this but when I chose the dl to GM token folder it does not show up in my assets tab.

valeros
December 20th, 2020, 14:48
Since this was originally written for FG, not FGU, it puts the tokens under a "host" directory if you pick GM. So when you open your Assets, go to "Data" and then go to "host" and then hit the refresh symbol and the tokens will appear. (The first time only, you may have to first refresh at the "Data" folder to see the "host" folder.)

If you had loaded using the "Sets as Token Bags" options then they will be in a folders under that same host folder.

https://i.imgur.com/jKuhpxL.jpg

twseifert
May 3rd, 2021, 17:42
Thank you! This is great, but would be so much better if it gave you the option to specify where you Token's folder was exactly.

For example I have a folder for both FGU and FGC, and it downloaded these token into the FGC tokens folder, so I now have to copy them over to my current FGU folder.

Roderic
November 28th, 2021, 20:20
Since this was originally written for FG, not FGU, it puts the tokens under a "host" directory if you pick GM. So when you open your Assets, go to "Data" and then go to "host" and then hit the refresh symbol and the tokens will appear. (The first time only, you may have to first refresh at the "Data" folder to see the "host" folder.)

If you had loaded using the "Sets as Token Bags" options then they will be in a folders under that same host folder.

https://i.imgur.com/jKuhpxL.jpg

This seems to be a wonderful piece of software for some users, but I have been unable to find where the download went, even after following these instructions. I have both FG and FGU installed on my computer, which may be an issue?

kirklandone
January 24th, 2024, 05:11
Has anyone update this software download (probably just the XML) since 2020? There are a TON of new miniatures out on Minis Gallery since 2020.

gamerhawaii
January 25th, 2024, 20:49
Has anyone update this software download (probably just the XML) since 2020? There are a TON of new miniatures out on Minis Gallery since 2020.

There is an "Update" button at the bottom left of the tool that re-reads the site and updates the XML. I just tried it and it seemed to work. Updated from 5583 tokens to 8344 tokens.