PDA

View Full Version : Sharing Tokens

Komodo
January 20th, 2018, 15:42
My friend is planning to purchasing some tokens for FG. We both have the upper tier membership but I am the DM in the current campaign. Would he be able to share the use of the tokens he purchases with me or only if he DMs a campaign in the future would they be of use? Thanks - this will be first time purchasing tokens by our group.

Zacchaeus
January 20th, 2018, 15:45
You can't share copyright material. So only the person who purchased them would be able to use them.

Komodo
January 20th, 2018, 16:29
That makes sense, thanks

JohnD
January 20th, 2018, 20:07
Token Tool and Pinterest - make your own.

Cluanar
January 24th, 2018, 03:29
I purchased the core class, monster pack and dm guide last night, I sit possible to share the portraits and tokens so players can use them?

LordEntrails
January 24th, 2018, 04:12
Your players can access the portraits by clicking on their character sheet portraits or you can do the same thing and assign the portraits.

Your players can not access your tokens from the modules. You can add your own created tokens to your tokens/shared directory and they can access those. Do not add more than 100 or high resolution tokens or you will cause your players to crash.

You can assign tokens to any PCs or NPCs you want.

The User Manual (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf) and Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens)has more details.

Trenloe
January 24th, 2018, 04:29
I sit possible to share the portraits and tokens so players can use them?
You can't specifically share portrait or token modules with the players.

What some GMs do is take screenshots of the token and portrait screens and share these images with the players. The players can select a portrait or token they like, tell the GM and the GM can assign the relevant image/s to the PC.

Nyghtmare
February 3rd, 2018, 04:20
You can't specifically share portrait or token modules with the players.

What some GMs do is take screenshots of the token and portrait screens and share these images with the players. The players can select a portrait or token they like, tell the GM and the GM can assign the relevant image/s to the PC.

I use a program/website called Gyazo for sharing images like this. You basically use Gyazo to take a screenshot, and then it goes to a webpage with the image. You can then share the URL with the players.

Always been the easiest way for me to share, for example, a picture of the big bad critter that they are about to take on without them seeing the name of it (I use this, paired with changing the creature name on the Combat Tracker, for truly mysterious foes on those special occasions).

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2018, 04:47
Always been the easiest way for me to share, for example, a picture of the big bad critter that they are about to take on without them seeing the name of it (I use this, paired with changing the creature name on the Combat Tracker, for truly mysterious foes on those special occasions).
You could just turn on image identification, then they would not know the name of the creature. It also has the benefit that they can reference it later from within, but also has the draw back that you have to manage how many images you have shared etc.

Nyghtmare
February 3rd, 2018, 05:09
The Gyazo method seems to work just fine for my players, although I do share stuff within FG as well. :)