PDA

View Full Version : Combat Advantage Button Next to Modifier Box?

Shimrath
January 20th, 2018, 00:31
Hello!

The 5E ruleset has a few buttons next to the modifier box (see attached picture, top). Does anyone else feel like the 4E ruleset could benefit from something like this? Specifically, a Combat Advantage button to easily roll when flanking enemies? The button exists in the "+/- Modifiers" window already (see attached picture, bottom).

-Shimrath.

damned
January 20th, 2018, 02:28
A few rulesets do this. You could add it via an extension. Otherwise vote for it on the wishlist.

Shimrath
January 20th, 2018, 03:23
You could add it via an extension.

I did search the 4E extension thread before posting, but didn't see anything about a Combat Advantage button. If anyone knows of one, please point me to it. Otherwise i will seek out the wishlist and throw it out to the public.

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2018, 03:36
wishlist here; http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

damned
January 20th, 2018, 04:27
I did search the 4E extension thread before posting, but didn't see anything about a Combat Advantage button. If anyone knows of one, please point me to it. Otherwise i will seek out the wishlist and throw it out to the public.

Sorry :) I was suggesting that you could write one!

Shimrath
January 20th, 2018, 04:55
Sorry :) I was suggesting that you could write one!

Aw, man. . .i would if i knew how!

Llyle
January 20th, 2018, 14:47
Well, in 4e Combat Advantage is only a +2 to the attack roll which can easily be done by inputting a +2 in the modifier field. Advantage as in 'roll twice and use better' doesn't happen that often in 4e. That being said, I often play characters who attack areas and multiple enemies. If I have CA against just some of them it is a bit tricky, so what I ended up with is creating an effect that I just put on enemies [TRGT][ACTN] GRANTCA , created a shortcut for it and it's just drag and drop from there. Not sure if a special button would be easier if you don'T have CA vs all targets you attack.