PDA

View Full Version : Home Brew Monsters

mhorgunn
January 19th, 2018, 14:51
Okay ... so say one wants to add home brew monsters to your 5e Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Is there a safe way to do this without messing up your existing content? Do you put them in a mod? Is there a blank Monster sheet or such? Like an extension?

Thanks

Ken L
January 19th, 2018, 15:44
With the built in group tools you can add all your custom monsters to a group to segregate them. You can then export them to a module later at your choosing.

mhorgunn
January 19th, 2018, 16:42
Thank you ... With your direction I was able to find the custom monster blank page :)

LordEntrails
January 19th, 2018, 16:49
See the link in my sig about Adventure Modules. Same things as NPC's, items or any other custom content.

Also, if you have a lot of NPC's, check into NPC Engineer on the forums here.

Maasq
January 19th, 2018, 21:43
Hi there

NPC Engineer is designed for this task. It has a few different methods of entering NPCs (typing, scanning from a variety of sources including D&D Beyond) & various features to ease the process. The idea is you add a number of NPCs to a project, then hit the 'parse' button and a bestiary module is created in your Fantasy Grounds folder ready for play.

Download link in my sig, as is a link to the Discord channel, should you wish to discuss anything about it :)

Maasq

Bidmaron
January 20th, 2018, 02:10
Maasq, I will thank you again for your fantastic work on this.