PDA

View Full Version : Merging rule sets question

Hack_Fox
January 19th, 2018, 14:39
Is it possible to use the bestiaries from pathfinder within a 5e campaign?
The game ive been running on roll20 (not anymore) uses a lot of critters from pathfinder and i'd like to keep doing that if i can.
If it is possible, how do I do this thing?

Andraax
January 19th, 2018, 15:20
Use the Universal Module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension) extension.

Talyn
January 19th, 2018, 15:26
The catch there is that 5E and Pathfinder use mostly different data paths for their NPCs so that extension will let you load the modules and then get errors when you try to use the NPCs or basically anything other than the Story scenes and reference manuals.

JohnD
January 19th, 2018, 21:12
Wouldn't Maasq's tool work here?

damned
January 19th, 2018, 21:23
Welcome Hack_Fox
No. Not out of the box.
Their stats are not the same.
The Universal Modules Extension will let you open them but they will need many stats to be added back in.

LordEntrails
January 19th, 2018, 23:42
Just as an example; 3.5 has the saves Reflex, Fortitude and Willpower. 5E doesn't have those, so you are going to have to do some type of adjustments.

You might be able to put some sort of transforms into NPC Engineer or another tool (excel?) to bulk convert the 3.5 stats to 5E, but even then the various conversion guides (from WotC & others) say that their is an art to conversions and not just mathematical adjustments.

Bidmaron
January 20th, 2018, 02:13
Maybe massq would be willing to build a PF version?