PDA

View Full Version : What it's all about.

SurlyDwarf
March 20th, 2006, 15:47
In the last few weeks there has been some negativity in some posts about the price of the FG software, etc. I wanted to share this post (https://surlydwarf.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=164#164) that I think is a perfect example of the value of SmiteWorks' software and why we are all using this tool--enabling someone who hasn't played in a long time to get fired up again and want to start gaming again and giving him/her the ability to do it with access to a community of likeminded people.

This was the same experience for me just a few months ago.

Thanks to all the Devs for a great product.

Cheers,

SD

Doswelk
March 21st, 2006, 12:58
Yes I must admit I do not understand all the complaints about the cost of the software!

FG is good software, with excellent support and more importantly ongoing development.

As has been stated many times before Roleplaying is not a cheap hobby, but given that FG allows me to Roleplay with a friend who lives on the other side of the world right now (I'm in UK he's in NZ) is brilliant.

Yes I know there are a number of ways of RPGing over the internet for free or less money, but nothing recreates the sitting round a table feel of using FG and Skype!

So for all those people who feel that FG is too expensive, you are missing out!

Citrean
March 21st, 2006, 15:14
It is not too expensive, FG is a good value for what the tool does. Just as the dwarf had stated, it also has inspired both my wife and I to start playing role playing games again, and has really gotten us excited about gaming in general.

There will always be those who are either on a budget or want everything for free. If you go to a product like Adobe Photoshop forums, I am sure you will find someone who complains about the cost of that product as well.

Heck, I even complain about the cost of gas and a box of cereal from time to time. Even more frustrating is that I have not hit that winning lotto :)