PDA

View Full Version : Connection test FAILURE

Garou23
January 17th, 2018, 06:50
Hi everyone, sorry for my english is super bad, today I bought FG Ultimate License and Savage Worlds modules in Steam, I follow the recomendations for install and running the program:

-Switch off the firewall
-Switch off the antivirus
-Make the rule for port 1802 in the Control Panel.
-Switch off the firewall of the router
-Open the port 1802 in the router.
-Change my connection to private.

I can play FG like a player, and load a campaign offline, but if I try to test connection, the test is failure, so I suppose that other players canŽt joint me. I dont have idea what do now. Some one can help me?

(I really sorry for my english I hope you can undertand me?)

Alejandro

Cerow
January 17th, 2018, 10:58
If you have port forwarding properly set up (better double check that first) and the Connection Test still fails, you might have the same situation I was in a few weeks ago: Some ISPs only give you an ipv6 adress, which FG can't handle. My solution was to call my ISP and ask them to enable Dual Stack for me, so that I'd be able to host my server.

Another popular (but not very satisfying) solution is to use hamachi or a similar program to circumvent possible connection roadblocks, use this as a last resort.

damned
January 17th, 2018, 11:07
Welcome Garou23

I dont recommend that you disable your firewall or turn off your AV.
They should only be troubleshooting steps.
Ultimately you want those on and you want to just add exceptions for Fantasy Grounds.

Many South American and European countries have stopped giving out IPv4 addresses as Cerow suggests.

Can you post the first four lines of output from this command in a CMD prompt?
tracert 8.8.8.8

Garou23
January 17th, 2018, 17:10
Thanks for the support, this is the information 21953

I hope it's good news.

Regards

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2018, 17:52
I'm not sure what you mean by set port 1902 in the control panel. The only port forwarding that you need to do is in your router's firewall.

And Like damned says you should not switch off the firewall or anti virus. Also do you have UPnP enabled on your router, since FG should be able to set the ports itself.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2018, 18:17
Thanks for the support, this is the information 21953

I hope it's good news.

Regards
I'm afraid it's not good news. There are multiple internal IP addresses between your device and the Internet. It looks like your Internet provided is sharing Internet IP addresses - a common practice.

you have two options:
1) Request a dedicated external IP address from your ISP - this might cost you more money or not even be possible.
2) Use a VPN solution - Hamachi or pay for a dedicated VPN - PureVPN with the dedicated IP address is known to work.

Garou23
January 17th, 2018, 20:14
I'm afraid it's not good news. There are multiple internal IP addresses between your device and the Internet. It looks like your Internet provided is sharing Internet IP addresses - a common practice.

you have two options:
1) Request a dedicated external IP address from your ISP - this might cost you more money or not even be possible.
2) Use a VPN solution - Hamachi or pay for a dedicated VPN - PureVPN with the dedicated IP address is known to work.

Ok, so I need to use Hamachi, ok ok, thx, there is not a problem, only to know and dont move more the configuration of the Ruter and PC, IŽll revise how to use Hamachi and the configuration of the PC ruter for this.

Thx for your help

Myrdin Potter
January 17th, 2018, 20:34
The only issue with Hamachi is that all the people playing need to use it. As long as everyone is OK installing it, then it all works well. Otherwise, a VPN which only the DM needs to use is another good option.

Garou23
January 17th, 2018, 21:08
IŽm reading about a VPN and it sounds very interesting, IŽll try with this option and hamachi, thx a loot.

Willot
January 17th, 2018, 21:16

you have two options:

Is thats whats going on. I thought it looked odd. 192.168.0.1 then it starts using 10.0.0.1 10.1.0.0. Like theres multiple local area networks being used.

Cerow
January 17th, 2018, 22:15
As I wrote, you might want to give your ISP a call just to possibly save you the headache (or cost in case of a paid VPN solution) for a rather simple configuration change on their end that might not cost you anything.

JohnD
January 18th, 2018, 08:20
Yes definitely give the ISP a call. The worst that can happen is you find out how much your own IP would cost, or perhaps the agent hangs up on you because they don't understand what your question is due to poor training.