PDA

View Full Version : WORKING EXTs: What are you currently using in 3.3.3? :)

mlesnews
January 14th, 2018, 16:12
Hello Adventurer!

I was working my way through the list of current extensions (I'm new!) and it's not unexpected of course that like most addons, they are a hot mess. :P I know from playing other games (pc), that addons are sink or swim for some folks as they don't want the hassle of managing them. Me, I'm an addon addict, and of course, I have to wade through what works and what doesn't. In a gaming community with a large library of addons, usually they have a downloader with version code checking. As FG doesn't seem to have that many (a dozen or so?), so it is on the player to weed out the undesirables.

What are you using? Kudo's to all the work that community devs put in coding this stuff, it's like being able to create music! At a glance, for those of you that do use extensions, are there any that don't play nice? Thanks in advance! Perhaps once verified, I or someone else could post them in a bundle(zip). Of course, YMMV, with future releases. Thanks in advance!
Please see my list below:

NOTE: Community Extensions for 5E (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22975-5E-Community-extensions)

5E AltWoundColors 10000.ext
5E Apply effect on start.ext
5E Gothic Font.ext
5E_Action_Abilities.ext
5E_Encounter_Calc.ext
5E_Ref_Decal.ext
5ENPCSpells.ext
14 pt clear font.ext
AdvancedEffects.ext
CoreButtonsFor5e.ext
Death Indicator 2.0.ext - Not Updated.
DOEAlignmentGraph.ext
DOEBase.ext
DOECampaignStyleGraph.ext
DOELocations.ext
DOEOLE.ext
DOEOrganisations.ext
DOESound.ext
DOEWeather.ext
fate-BlankSkills.ext
FFAL_v0.2.1.ext
FGDragon.ext
Formation.ext
HeroPoints5e.ext
Image Text Labels.ext
ImprovedCritical.ext
MOTD.ext
mydecals.ext
npc-flavors.ext
Old-School Initiative.ext
Remove 0HP NPCs.ext
TableImport.ext
Theme_Dungeon.ext
Theme_Wood.ext
Timer-1.0.3.ext
ToDDecal.ext
Vitality&ImprovedCritical-v6.ext
WindowSaver.ext

What I'm currently testing for compatibility with 3.3.3

https://i.imgur.com/7913Oo9.png

Andraax
January 14th, 2018, 17:23
My "must haves" are:

DOEBase.ext
DOELocations.ext
DOEOLE.ext
DOEOrganisations.ext
DOESound.ext
MOTD.ext
Timer-1.0.3.ext
UniversalModule.ext
Basic Card Deck Tables.ext
Moon-Tracker.ext

mlesnews
January 14th, 2018, 17:46
Where did you get the ones I marked in blue?

My "must haves" are:

DOEBase.ext
DOELocations.ext
DOEOLE.ext
DOEOrganisations.ext
DOESound.ext
MOTD.ext
Timer-1.0.3.ext
UniversalModule.ext
Basic Card Deck Tables.ext
Moon-Tracker.ext

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2018, 17:47
My list:

5E language Fonts (FR)
5E Theme
One of the 5e decals
Replace GM Token

Zacchaeus
January 14th, 2018, 17:49
Where did you get the ones I marked in blue?

Those are all CoreRPG extensions (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-CoreRPG-Extensions) which should also work with 5e

Nickademus
January 14th, 2018, 19:28
Remove Effects
Adventurer's Journal (alpha build)
my personal theme
one of the 5e decals

LordEntrails
January 14th, 2018, 20:44
My list;
- Death Indicator 2.0
- ImprovedCritical.ext
- TableImport.ext

If I use a decal, then I run my 5E_Ref_Decal.ext

I'm nearing the use of DOE Sound, and if I was running a city based campaign I woiuld use DOE Locations.

Sometimes I use npc-flavors.ext. I like it but got out of the habit of using it a few updates ago and have forgotten to start using it again. (and am not running any active campaigns at the moment)

I like the DOE Alignment Graph, but am not using it in any current campaigns.

I know you are an admitted addict :) But don't feel you have to use everything available!

mlesnews
January 14th, 2018, 22:13
But...but, but, One Addon to rule them all or All Addons to rule the one, heavens to Murgatroyd, stage right, and a left even!

My list;
- Death Indicator 2.0
- ImprovedCritical.ext
- TableImport.ext

If I use a decal, then I run my 5E_Ref_Decal.ext

I'm nearing the use of DOE Sound, and if I was running a city based campaign I woiuld use DOE Locations.

Sometimes I use npc-flavors.ext. I like it but got out of the habit of using it a few updates ago and have forgotten to start using it again. (and am not running any active campaigns at the moment)

I like the DOE Alignment Graph, but am not using it in any current campaigns.

I know you are an admitted addict :) But don't feel you have to use everything available!

Bilbotorm
January 16th, 2018, 16:18
Adv Effect just discovered and now in use :)
DOE Sound & Base for Syrinscape link
Decal for Storm King campaign

mlesnews
January 17th, 2018, 19:16
### Testing Notes
Out of the extensions I tested, only Death Indicator 2.0.ext, caused outright console errors. I am noticing however multiple extensions don't seem to be working, even though they are loaded. It could be a stack memory heap thing but the FG UI (FGUI?! lol) works as expected, without console errors or crashing. ***Please note, I'm doing this for testing purposes, I wouldn't recommend actually running this many addons (extensions). As the few folks that have responded to this thread, they all prefer to run less than a half dozen (6) or so. One person did report that they run as many as ten (10).

Trenloe
January 17th, 2018, 19:23
Only run the extensions you really need for any specific campaigns - and regularly check the threads for those extensions for fixes/updates.

Extensions work by overwriting the base FG ruleset code. The more you run the more chance you have of them clashing and/or overwriting another extensions code - hence why loading a bunch of extensions can result in the extension functionality not working.

dulux-oz
January 18th, 2018, 01:04
Only run the extensions you really need for any specific campaigns - and regularly check the threads for those extensions for fixes/updates.

Extensions work by overwriting the base FG ruleset code. The more you run the more chance you have of them clashing and/or overwriting another extensions code - hence why loading a bunch of extensions can result in the extension functionality not working.

What Trenloe says is 100% true - the only exception are the DOEs. They have all been written by the same author to explicit work together using the least amount of memory overhead as possible (hence the DOE: base). I regularly run all 8 DOEs together while writing/testing the ninth and have no issues at all. I game with all eight and a few others as well - I think the most I've run together is 15. :)

Having said that, Trenloe is right: the more extension you run the more chance of incompatibilities.

Cheers

mlesnews
January 18th, 2018, 19:40
I actually did not include any DOE extensions on my list as I considered them part of my base extensions. :)

Chickaboom
March 1st, 2018, 21:49
I use an extension by Trenloe called 12 pt font for 5E.ext, I like the text size better than the 14 point fonts.

Temmpest
August 10th, 2022, 16:30
What does "fate-BlankSkills.ext" do?

Moon Wizard
August 10th, 2022, 16:46
This is an old, unrelated thread. It's usually best to post in new thread if a thread is older than a few months.

I'm not familiar with that extension; but it appears to remove the standard skills list, in case you don't want the default skills to pre-fill in the Fate Core ruleset.

Regards,
JPG