PDA

View Full Version : Is there an extension limit?

Talley Darkstar
January 13th, 2018, 20:46
Is there a limit to the number of extensions you can have before FG decides to just crash when loading onto a table? I try to load the last 4 out of a total of 50 that I'm wanting (including the desktop Decals for the D&D modules) and FG just decides to crash. What I've noticed is that if I go above 46, it comes up with the program is not responding screen, but if I stay at 46 or below, it loads fine.

Zacchaeus
January 13th, 2018, 21:47
I'm not sure if there is a physical limit but if you load too many then you might run into memory issues; especially if you load a lot of decals. I'm not at all sure you need anything like 50 extensions anyway tbh; 5 or 6 should be plenty.

LordEntrails
January 13th, 2018, 22:11
lol, watch your memory/process size as you are loading. I didn't even know that their were 50 extensions that were compatible with each other :)

damned
January 13th, 2018, 23:25
Seriously?
Can you actually take advantage of those extensions?
You can load precisely one decal at a time.
Most of the time the players only see that decal on login - the rest of the time it is covered in windows.
Many extensions are used infrequently.
They all use some amount of memory.
Some of them are bound to conflict with each other.

In my CoS game Im running the CoS Theme, HeroPoints for 5e, NPC alternate names and... thats it...
I use the table importers in prep sessions but dont have them loaded in game sessions.

Each person runs their game differently but I think that 39 of your 50 extensions are probably not used...

Nickademus
January 14th, 2018, 01:21
Please list your extensions. There are a lot of little ones floating around that could be combined.