PDA

View Full Version : Community for Livestreaming One-Shots?

cyphus5
January 12th, 2018, 21:07
Hey all,
I'm a streamer who runs the twitch channel PlayForth (https://www.twitch.tv/play_forth). Now that another GM has joined me in taking over some of the regular duties of campaign running, I'm gonna have more time to run one-shots that interest me. With my channel, I prefer the format of webcams and 3 - 4 players, plus a GM/Host.

Essentially, I would love to have a pool of folks that possess webcams that are excited to try new games together! Not to mention, people who are willing to be live-streamed for Twitch. The community group I form will be for the twitch channel, so I will probably interview each member on Skype. New members will be given first priority, so at least each person who makes it in past the interview gets to play. I know the expectation of webcams is steep for some folks, especially with so many games being run through Discord or Teamspeak. I understand if some people don't want to be livestreamed or would rather use voice-only. That said, meeting these minimum expectations allows me to weed out people who are resistant to these aspects of the way I livestream games.

Date for Play: Pretty much any day of the week, except Wednesdays. This is when we currently livestream our 5e D&D campaign.
Times for Play: Most games will likely start at 8pm CST (GMT -6:00). This is when my young kids go to bed.
Length of Play: Typically 3-4 hours of play. I will always have pre-made characters made before game time. I definitely wouldn't turn down help from the community with character creation if they are willing, but it's not a necessity.
Video Conferencing Software: Skype
Method of Play: Fantasy Grounds if possible, but I'm willing to use Roll20 if its difficult to pull off in Fantasy Grounds.

Would anyone be interested in joining and being involved in one-shots of this manner? If there is an interest, I will create the community group here on the FG forums.

Ctmega
January 20th, 2018, 15:25
I am interested and have a small group for which I GM. I have an ultimate license and have an extensive collection of material for 5e, Savage Worlds, C&C, as well as many others. The missing piece for me is the streaming. Frankly, I have just never attempted it as anything other than a participant.

So, that brings me to my point... perhaps you show me how to stream, and we rotate as DM/GM for oneshots.

Thoughts?

Look forward to hearing back soon!

-MegA

cyphus5
January 22nd, 2018, 02:37
So, that brings me to my point... perhaps you show me how to stream, and we rotate as DM/GM for oneshots.

That's an interesting idea. I wouldn't mind bringing other GMs to the channel. I'll reach out to you very soon!

Ctmega
January 22nd, 2018, 03:54
Sounds good... looking forward to it!

wndrngdru
January 27th, 2018, 03:48
I'm always up for one-shot love, especially if I don't have to GM. I've never streamed but I'm not camera shy.

vegaserik
January 27th, 2018, 22:15
I love to try one-shots and different systems. Depending on the time and day I'd love to give it a shot!