PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Friday stream starting now

ddavison
January 12th, 2018, 16:59
Check us out on the Fantasy Grounds Fridays streams. We are showing off Starfinder and talking to Jason Keeley from Paizo.
https://www.twitch.tv/fantasygrounds

Ram Tyr
January 12th, 2018, 18:12
Jason Keeley was great. Thanks for having him on.

Dracones
January 12th, 2018, 18:17
Really enjoyed this. It's a great way to slack off for lunch on a Friday. :)

ddavison
January 12th, 2018, 18:24
Jason Keeley was great. Thanks for having him on.

Yes, I hadn't met him previously but it was great having him on.

timdog88
January 12th, 2018, 22:37
Yea, I really enjoyed the stream as well. Looking forward to the star finder ruleset,it looks great.

giveup
February 23rd, 2018, 03:13
Bumping this. Got around to checking out all of these on Youtube. These weekly videos are great!

Awesome job guys. Really hope more fans catch on to these and you continue to find the time to produce them/receive positive feedback on them.

The guests have been great. Loved hearing BJ Hensley talk about education through gaming. And now I have David's beard secrets. :) Seriously these are as good if not better than some of the other industry podcasts/videos. So now in addition to an AWESOME product, you are giving back to the community with a chance to learn and hear about other products and developers that maybe we have heard of, but hadn't investigated or looked into yet. Thank you.

ddavison
February 23rd, 2018, 15:04
Thanks for the feedback. We have the privilege of working with lots of cool people spread throughout the industry and we thought it would be a cool opportunity to highlight them.

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2018, 16:25
No stream today? Looks like you are just hosting Geek & Sundry. (If I get how things work)

ddavison
February 23rd, 2018, 16:26
The stream starts in 34 minutes.

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2018, 16:27
Oh, I'm still learning Twitch, but how come G&S is showing on your page then?

ddavison
February 23rd, 2018, 18:22
We auto-host other streams when we are not actively streaming. G+S is one that we have on our auto-host list.

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2018, 19:58
We auto-host other streams when we are not actively streaming. G+S is one that we have on our auto-host list.
Ah, I was wondering because they were running a D&D Beyond advert pretty big on their screen.

A comment, Looks like Dave has a green screen setup behind him, but their was no overlay or image etc on it. Would be cool to have the products he's talking about up their, or even just some FG related graphics to go with it. Keep it up, and keep adding to it. Incremental improvements :)

Wolfspyder
May 15th, 2018, 02:56
Hey Guys,

I really enjoy the Fantasy Grounds Fridays. I can't listen to the live stream(work, bleh), but I have been listening to the YouTube upload of it since I found it last month on YouTube(I've also been going to the back catalog). I see there wasn't one uploaded yet this week, was there an episode last Friday? I know the week before you mentioned you hadn't had a guest lined up at that point, so wasn't sure. It has been great hearing from so many different people in the hobby, and so many different genres of it as well.
In any case, even the episode where it was just Doug and David with no guest was interesting and I enjoyed the listen. I usually download it and listen too and from work... You guys are helping me pass the time and not mind traffic as much, so there is your public service achievement!
When you don't have guests I think you should still do episodes, talk about the games you are in, or have been in the past. Tips or tricks you use while running/playing, or even just stories of the different systems you play. Perhaps stories on how something in Fantasy Grounds helped with that adventure you ran or were apart of. Anyhow, what I am trying to get at, I hope Fantasy Grounds Fridays continues, and that you continue to upload them to YouTube after the fact!

Minor quibbles which you can ignore... perhaps Doug get a better microphone, and David's sound levels bump up a bit, you have a deep voice and it comes across much quieter than the others most of the time...
Keep up the great work and thanks for the videos!

LordEntrails
May 15th, 2018, 04:15
Yes there was a stream last Friday. No guest, but it was Doug and Dave playing a battle royal of NPCs against each other.

Wolfspyder
May 15th, 2018, 04:18
Thanks, i just noticed it and was about to retract me post..the different title through me off!;)

ddavison
May 15th, 2018, 13:51
Thanks for the note. I've been having trouble finding some guests to fill in lately. We will try to talk about general gaming topics if we can't find a guest.

celestian
May 15th, 2018, 17:08
Thanks for the note. I've been having trouble finding some guests to fill in lately. We will try to talk about general gaming topics if we can't find a guest.

I'd appreciate it. The Vampires versus Lycans wasn't bad but honestly I'd like to hear about FG related topics. What's going on, whats coming... how projects are coming along? What content is coming for the various rulesets. Always have something about FGU?... yeah, I slipped that in there .