PDA

View Full Version : Player's unable to join game from external sources

SailorLovins
January 12th, 2018, 04:31
Hello,

I am having a problem with players connecting to my game. I have an ultimate license and have the game installed via steam. It is not password protected and I copied the External address after it revealed itself upon clicking the retrieve button. My ISP is through Mediacom and I put the following information into the fields...

Application - Fantasy Grounds
Protocols - TCP
Start Port - 1802
End Port - 1802
Target Port - 1802 (this auto-populated)

I am in the game client right now. My External address for this game is 173.24.41.22.
Also when trying to test the alias connection it never passes.
If it helps I have also turned Himachii client on. This is giving me a different IPV4 address though (25.12.46.170)
Any help is appreciated. I will be online most of the night.

JohnD
January 12th, 2018, 04:35
Your players also need to have Himachi installed and operational if that is how you are making the connection.

Your connection failing the test on the alias means that although you believe you have set up port forwarding, something is still either wrong, or you have something else blocking it. Do you have a modem and a router in play or just a modem that can also act as a router? What about your anti virus software - have you told it to not block FG?

SailorLovins
January 12th, 2018, 04:49
Through this ISP we only have a single Modem, but as you suggested I think it acts as a wifi router. The computer where the server is stored is connected via Ethernet. For the purpose of troubleshooting I shut off my firewall. In fact I turned off all of my security features for now through Windows Defender. No firewall and no anti-virus.

damned
January 12th, 2018, 05:01
Hello,

I am having a problem with players connecting to my game. I have an ultimate license and have the game installed via steam. It is not password protected and I copied the External address after it revealed itself upon clicking the retrieve button. My ISP is through Mediacom and I put the following information into the fields...

Protocols - TCP
Start Port - 1802
End Port - 1802

I am in the game client right now. My External address for this game is 173.24.41.22.
Also when trying to test the alias connection it never passes.
If it helps I have also turned Himachii client on. This is giving me a different IPV4 address though (25.12.46.170)
Any help is appreciated. I will be online most of the night.

Sometimes you have to first define the Application and Port and then on a second step or second area assign that rule to your computer.

SailorLovins
January 12th, 2018, 05:05
I am unfamiliar with defining the application and port? Could you elaborate?

damned
January 12th, 2018, 05:13
I am unfamiliar with defining the application and port? Could you elaborate?

Not really. I cant see what you can see and there are hundreds of models of routers/modems in the market.

You posted the following info that you entered into the PortForward:

Protocols - TCP
Start Port - 1802
End Port - 1802

This does not include your computers IP address.
The Port Forward needs to know WHERE to forward this traffic to - and that where is your computers LAN IP address or Computer Name (in some routers).

Nylanfs
January 12th, 2018, 17:03
Question, how does your computer connect to the modem? Is it plugged directly into it, or is it plugged into a router that is plugged into the modem?