PDA

View Full Version : Can't Update/Download Fantasy Grounds

Freya Gandolo
January 11th, 2018, 22:20
Hello, just recently downloaded the demo from steam, but I can't actually access anything. Any time I try to, I consistently get the same error over and over again.

damned
January 11th, 2018, 22:45
Het there Freya

Please try deleting that file and re-running the update.
Please try pausing your AV for 10minutes and re-running the update

Freya Gandolo
January 12th, 2018, 01:30
There are no 5e pak files in the folder. I actually looked there first and saw on another thread that, if that file wasn't there, to delete all the pak files. I've tried that, but to no avail. It'll temporarily get stuck on 4e then a quick delete and retry sets me back on being stuck on the 5e pak.

merickk
January 12th, 2018, 01:38
After deleting the file and retrying is the size 4388kb? and if you cancel the update then restart does the size of the file jump by 4388kb?

damned
January 12th, 2018, 01:47
* Try going to the location where FG is installed. (i.e. Application path in Settings) (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds)
* Then, delete the FantasyGrounds.exe file.
* Next, run the FGUpdaterEngine.exe Program to install a fresh client.
Some of your files may be located here instead:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fantasy Grounds

Freya Gandolo
January 12th, 2018, 01:58
Just tried that. It recreates the .exe file, but I still end up with the same error.

damned
January 12th, 2018, 02:09
Can you please use settings to switch to test mode and retry.
If it still sticks on 5e please manually copy 5e.pak from here and then re-update?
Does it get stuck on the next file?

Freya Gandolo
January 12th, 2018, 02:40
For some reason it's getting stuck on the 4E.pak files now.

Edit: Alright, managed to get the 4E paks to work, but now it gets stuck on the Core RPG paks directly after 5e

damned
January 12th, 2018, 03:00
Hi Freya Im all out - you might email [email protected] and list the things that we have tried.