PDA

View Full Version : Help with new character sheet!

Morfedel
March 19th, 2006, 00:27
I'm wanting to run a non-d20 game. I'm doing the xml work, but sadly, I have little graphics skills and, even more sadly, no real tools for working with graphics anyway.

Would anyone out there be so kind as to volunteer to help me make the graphics for a non d20 character sheet? :)

Thanks either way!

Toadwart
March 19th, 2006, 21:11
Afraid I don't have the time to take this on, and I'm not much of an artist).
However, I'd recommend downloading copy of Gimp (https://www.gimp.org/) it's a pretty good free graphics tool. Handles layers, transparencies, etc.
A bit of a learning curve but not too bad.

LordTomar
March 19th, 2006, 22:09
I'm wanting to run a non-d20 game. I'm doing the xml work, but sadly, I have little graphics skills and, even more sadly, no real tools for working with graphics anyway.

Would anyone out there be so kind as to volunteer to help me make the graphics for a non d20 character sheet? :)

Thanks either way!

Your making this char sheet for the Riddle of Steel game right? I just looked at the char sheet from the RoS website and it seems like it is simple enough to use that as the graphix to use for the char sheet in FG, just need to do the XML work.

Of course im saying this from my complete lack of working on any mods for FG... so what I am saying could be completely wrong.

Morfedel
March 21st, 2006, 12:16
Hm. You mean, use the actual sheet on the pdf, rather than creating our own?

Well, I need to convert it to an image file, but... I imagine that just might work....

LordTomar
March 21st, 2006, 13:07
Ohh yeah since it was brought up with another custom char sheet earlier... you might have problems with copyright if you do use the char sheet that comes from RoS. You might want to send an e-mail to the creators of the product and see if they have a problem with it.

Morfedel
March 21st, 2006, 17:16
I'd already thought of that... although since most companies allow free copying of character sheets for gaming, I can't imagine this would be any different.

Regardless, I don't see it as being much of a problem. But I will contact them.