PDA

View Full Version : Damage applied on next turn

mysterowl
January 8th, 2018, 04:41
Hey all, ran my first session with FG tonight and maybe I'm must reading the RAW wrong, but ran into an issue. I had a PC cast Acid Arrow on an NPC. This spell says it's 4d4 damage on a hit and then 2d4 damage at the end of it's next turn. Well, the NPC acted after the PC in the same round and the damage was not applied after it's turn even though we put the effect on the NPC. However, it was applied the following round.

Is this me misinterpreting the RAW or is this just something that FG does not do effectively.

Thanks!

damned
January 8th, 2018, 05:23
I think its meant to represent the fact that the acid continues to act over time and it is meant to occur after its next action in the following round...

Nickademus
January 8th, 2018, 06:01
The additional damage is supposed to happen at the end of the target's next turn, even if that is in the same round. FG doesn't have an effect to do this, so they use the DMGO effect that deals the damage at the start of the target's turn the next round.

You will have to ignore the effect in the spell and just manually assign the damage at the end of the target's turn.