PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds One Shots

Mentalic
January 8th, 2018, 02:58
One shots halted for now. Thanks for the interest.

Daedalus
January 8th, 2018, 16:20
Sorry for the repeat topic, but I could not edit the previous posts topic. I went ahead and made this topic a bit more general so I can use it for my SW one shots.

I am looking to learn the SW system (with the hope of running DLR: The Flood or maybe Stone in a Hard Place after my current 5E campaign wraps up in a few months). I figure the best way to learn is to do. So I will be running a short DLR one shot next Sunday (1/14/2017), at 5 PM Pacific n Time (using one of the premade adventures).

I have the Ultimate License; so you can use the free demo. The voice software will be Team Speak 3.

I made some Novice premades (mostly to learn the system) that are available to ensure we hit the ground running. I have the adventure deck active along with a basic implementation of the more recent DLR arcane backgrounds. I will try to get the free DLR adventure deck cards implemented as well (I already have the graphics done).

Players will get 20 XP to spend on the character at the beginning (along with purchasing gear with any additional money the character has). The server will go up at 4 pm PST. We will start play promptly at 5 PM.

If you are interested, please sign up on the calendar here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2920

I will message the 5 folks who make it into the campaign with the server alias and the teamspeak server.

I get an error when I click on the link

Mentalic
January 8th, 2018, 16:48
Oops, fixed

Daedalus
January 8th, 2018, 17:57
Oops, fixed

Cool, Signed up

Mentalic
January 9th, 2018, 23:04
We just need a couple more desperados and we'll have a full posse.

Daedalus
January 10th, 2018, 02:51
We just need a couple more desperados and we'll have a full posse.

Cool. Will we get to see the pre-gens before the game or are you waiting until the game for us to see them?

Mentalic
January 10th, 2018, 02:55
Server is up now if you want to take a look. I will PM you the alias.

Daedalus
January 10th, 2018, 14:31
Server is up now if you want to take a look. I will PM you the alias.

Thank you for letting me create the bounty hunter character. I think the character is going to be great, though I might need to look at the weapons and make a few changes.

Mentalic
January 10th, 2018, 15:01
I plopped a couple peacemakers on her. I will make sure to have the server up an hour or so before game time in case you want to make more changes.

Daedalus
January 10th, 2018, 20:55
I plopped a couple peacemakers on her. I will make sure to have the server up an hour or so before game time in case you want to make more changes.

Ok, thank you. I am running my Streets of Bedlam game tonight and I will point my players to this thread and see if I can get a couple more players for you

Jonarific
January 11th, 2018, 01:28
I'm no stranger to savage worlds, but new to specific settings i.e. deadlands. I'll probably be able to join this sunday game. Not the biggest fan of pregen characters, but I'm totally willing to work with you on that.

p.s. hi daedalus

Daedalus
January 11th, 2018, 02:32
I'm no stranger to savage worlds, but new to specific settings i.e. deadlands. I'll probably be able to join this sunday game. Not the biggest fan of pregen characters, but I'm totally willing to work with you on that.

p.s. hi daedalus

Go ahead and sign up. He will let you create your own character or modify it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2920

Do it. All the cool kids are signing up

Jonarific
January 11th, 2018, 03:44
oops, didn't see my last message posted - browser was messing up

Daedalus
January 11th, 2018, 15:41
oops, didn't see my last message posted - browser was messing up

Likely excuse :)

Daedalus
January 11th, 2018, 16:07
I posted all over my Google Plus advertising this game. I got you one player, hopefully I can get you the other two you need to fill the game.

I am looking forward to playing

Mentalic
January 11th, 2018, 20:48
Thanks for the help and the enthusiasm, Daedelus. I will ask my 5E players if they are interested as well.

I will be running one of the premade adventures since I am a bit new to the system but it looks like a fun one.

Daedalus
January 12th, 2018, 23:47
Just checked the Calendar and we have 5 players. Yeah! A Full house

Mentalic
January 13th, 2018, 02:52
Hehe, we hit six before I closed it. We'll see how it goes.

Mentalic
January 18th, 2018, 05:07
Round 2!

Alright, I ran my first SW one-shot recently. I want to further familiarize myself with the system so I can run a Deadlands Reloaded campaign in a few months (its a great setting!). Since its so hard to find a SW game, I'll just run another one shot in a couple weeks - Saturday, February 3rd 2018. The game will start at around 5pm PST and go for a few hours.

After reading through a couple of the plot points and pouring over the rules changes made in the recent Flash Gordon supplement, I have some setting rules I'll be using. Many of these won't really come into play in the one-shot but I will link them anyways. I added in arcane backgrounds that were added after the DLR core book was released (so, Metal Mages, Hexslingers, Updated Blessed/Voodooists, etc). I cut the Guts skill since it just seemed like a skill tax. I also mucked about with the skill list after reading through some of the official plot points.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1euaOaQu3QXA0LCqt2gkdeVuODqz282B3NzzoEJduQt4/edit

We will use TeamSpeak3 for voice comms. We will be using premades (without editing them this time) but there will be a wide selection. We will also be using the Adventure Deck.

I have the Ultimate License. You can play with the free demo.

Here is a link to the game's calendar page.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2933

Update: day changed to Saturday, Feb 3

Mentalic
January 21st, 2018, 23:44
We have four so far. We could use maybe one more for the 3rd.

mhallml
March 13th, 2018, 11:03
I'm interested if you guys are still running any message me if you are

Mentalic
March 17th, 2018, 16:56
Thanks for the interest but after running several one shots, I think will pass on Savage Worlds for now. I ran it to see how the system felt and its not quite the feel I am looking for (too many modifiers and the like for me).