PDA

View Full Version : problem connecting & lagging

Kardock
January 7th, 2018, 18:45
hi all,

my players are complaining about the fact that the campain is very slow to load or there is some major lagging.

is it something on my side? is there something i can do to fix this?

thanks!

DMReckless
January 7th, 2018, 19:01
Kardok,
Take a look through your library and see what modules you are sharing with your players (the green button ones). Many of these modules load in as sharing automatically. If you can reduce the amount of info you send to everyone who logs in to just what's strictly necessary, it should speed things up. Nevertheless, players should expect the first log in to take a bit longer, as well as any log in after an update.

If you are running with voice, make sure someone else is "hosting" the call if a host is required.

Try to limit the other stuff you have going on with your computer at the same time.

These things can all help mitigate the issues.

Kardock
January 7th, 2018, 20:20
I did as you said, managed my modules, and I also closed my player session and all this really helped, we were able to run it at a good speed and all was smooth.

thanks!

DMReckless
January 7th, 2018, 20:21
Great to hear!

You're welcome.

LordEntrails
January 7th, 2018, 21:27
FYI, the two other culprits that often cause these types of issues are number of tokens in your shared folder and images larger than 1MB and 2048x2048 pixels.

Trenloe
January 8th, 2018, 00:10
Lagging (i.e slow to see dice roll results in the chat window) can also be caused by the GM machine itself getting overloaded as a lot of rolls go from the player to the GM and back to the player. Running a player instance of FG can cause this to occur in medium to low spec computers - especially if they don’t have over 8GB of RAM as the 2 instances of FG, other apps and the operating system can soon take you into the inefficiencies of relying on virtual memory. Even with a SSD this is much less efficient than more RAM.

Kardock
January 8th, 2018, 00:36
No worries, my pc is powerful enough to handle this :-)

Morbid-Don
January 10th, 2018, 21:58
Humbly ASKs

Is a 64 Bit version of FG in the horizon?

Please Advise - Thank You

Trenloe
January 10th, 2018, 22:09
Is a 64 Bit version of FG in the horizon?
There is a longstanding development project for Fantasy Grounds on Unity. Search for Unity in these forums.