PDA

View Full Version : Extension first-timer

MrD10de
January 5th, 2018, 13:49
Hey guys, Fantasy Grounds newb here, with what is probably a super-newb question to ask:

I've downloaded Lokiare's Window Saver extension as it sounds like it'll be super helpful for streamlining my campaigns. How do I actually get the extension to work?

EDIT: Figured it out now. Turns out I was dropping the .ext into the wrong folder, but now all is well!

damned
January 5th, 2018, 14:14
Welcome MrD10de
Please do post your full solution for the next person who finds themselves in the same boat :)

MrD10de
January 5th, 2018, 19:30
Welcome MrD10de
Please do post your full solution for the next person who finds themselves in the same boat :)

Shall do!

When first installing my extension, I had seen in a thread somewhere that the .ext file needed to be placed in an "Extensions" folder within the main Fantasy Grounds directory. I took this to mean the directory created within C:/Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds, which (upon inspection) didn't have an "Extensions" folder, so I created one and put the extension into it. Sadly, no dice (pun completely intended). The extension didn't appear when I ran the Launcher and selected my ruleset.

To fix the problem and find the correct directory: within the FG Launcher (directly below the 'X' to close the program) there is a lovely little button with a folder icon which, when clicked, will take you to the main FG data folder (on Windows 10, the file path is C:/Users/<your user>/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds). In there, you'll find an "Extensions" folder ready and waiting - drop your extension into it, relaunch FG, select your ruleset, check the box to use the relevant extension and you're done :)

I imagine the same applies for modules, rulesets and any other data you may wish to import?

Zacchaeus
January 5th, 2018, 20:28
I imagine the same applies for modules, rulesets and any other data you may wish to import?

Quite correct :)