PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Open Chat Room

TruthRevisited
March 17th, 2006, 23:56
****Fantasy Grounds Open Chat Room****

Looking for a game tonight? Maybe just a place to hang out and chat with other players? Need advice? Well come on down. The mIRC channel for DM's and Players is open and going.

dont have mIRC? Get it at www.mirc.com

IRC Network: WorldGamers
IRC Server: irc.worldgamers.net

Channel: #FantasyGrounds
See you there!!

Snikle
March 18th, 2006, 00:34
If you have trillian, you can use it to easily connect as well.

TruthRevisited
March 27th, 2006, 00:27
We have had some good discussions in the FG chatroom.. feel free to come on by. Never know, you might find yourself in a game sooner than you think.

TR

Tailz Silver Paws
March 27th, 2006, 00:58
I'm normaly there...although I spend a lot of time idle.....darn work comitments. :mad:

deckyon
March 27th, 2006, 15:28
It would be great to get this "stickied" so it stays on top of the front page. Live chat and help is great, and the more people we get in the chat, the better it will be!

Cypher
March 30th, 2006, 00:48
Another bump for chat!

If you've never been to our chat channel what are you waiting for? Come join us!

If you have been there, then you know the way. Come help make our channel, and community, an active one. We can't do it without everyone's support.

Cya soon!

SurlyDwarf
March 30th, 2006, 14:24
Another bump for chat!

If you've never been to our chat channel what are you waiting for? Come join us!

If you have been there, then you know the way. Come help make our channel, and community, an active one. We can't do it without everyone's support.

Cya soon!

You guys get an A for marketing effort! I think the concept is a good one, though it is not really for me. Personally, I find chat, in any form, to be less useful than a bboard such as this. Mostly due to my hectic professional and personal schedules. I just can't hang about for long periods of time.

I hope that it works for everyone. I would love to see people post good conversations/discussions/information that is generated there somewhere persistent (here maybe?) for the rest of us. Conversely, I hope it doesn't detract from the quality and vigor of the conversations here. IMHO.

Cheers,

SD

richvalle
March 30th, 2006, 14:53
Converstaions there do tend to be my dynamic and some times off-topic.

We had a long chat last night that started with Serenity RPG then went to Serenity the movie, Firefly the series, how we can get the series back on TV...

There was some usefull bits on FG as Cypher tried to remove those letter tokens out of the box and some ruleset descustion went on. I also saw someone get into Sinkle's game.

Its nice to 'see' people there. While not the same as meeting someone in person, its easier to get a feel for the different folks via chat then here.

rv

Cypher
March 30th, 2006, 15:11
You guys get an A for marketing effort! I think the concept is a good one, though it is not really for me. Personally, I find chat, in any form, to be less useful than a bboard such as this. Mostly due to my hectic professional and personal schedules. I just can't hang about for long periods of time.

I hope that it works for everyone. I would love to see people post good conversations/discussions/information that is generated there somewhere persistent (here maybe?) for the rest of us. Conversely, I hope it doesn't detract from the quality and vigor of the conversations here. IMHO.

Cheers,

SD

Hehe, we know it's not going to float everyone's boat, but so far someone who has owned the game for a couple months (and been unable to find a game) came to the chat and are now getting ready to play in a game.

Snikle
March 30th, 2006, 15:12
Yeah, I think is a great addition for all of us. Chatting on a board, you sometimes can get a feel for people, but in a real time chat in a chat room you can get a way better grasp on people and who they are. Plus ya, we can chat about cool things like Serenity. ;-)

gurney9999
March 30th, 2006, 15:34
I have to put together a freakin list of forums and chat rooms I need to visit on a nightly basis... I always forget to check in on this one.

richvalle
March 30th, 2006, 15:40
Tsk tsk Gurney! You need to get your priorities straight. :)

deckyon
March 31st, 2006, 17:25
Awesome, thanks for the Sticky Topic on this. It will be nice for others to know about the chat room.

Cypher
March 31st, 2006, 21:09
Just so people know we have already played in a couple pickup games.

Some players who have never played yet have become members of scheduled games, as well as taken part in pickup games.

freckle_smoker
April 12th, 2006, 23:06
I looked for the chat room , but I didnt see it anywhere . Is it still up ?

Cypher
April 12th, 2006, 23:54
I looked for the chat room , but I didnt see it anywhere . Is it still up ?

It is definately still up. If you went to the chatroom #FantasyGrounds, and no one was there, then you were on the wrong server.

Make sure that the server you connect to is: irc.worldgamers.net (you will likely have to add it to your server list).

freckle_smoker
April 13th, 2006, 04:52
I figured it out , It has been years since I have used mirc .

Sigurd
April 13th, 2006, 11:25
So what are the downsides of this? I notice that it appends some network identification to my nick.

About a minute after I joined a Nick called 'wilburn' showed up and said 'hey Sigurd' I responded but he quit.

Wilburn, if you are an fgrounds user I apologize for thinking the worst of you.

LordTomar
April 13th, 2006, 11:44
Edited for Privacy

If I remember right I acualy talked to him... so i doubt hes a bot...

Blue
April 13th, 2006, 16:57
Yes yes..im a bot..lol. (im willburn on irc)

Oh and for the love of god please remove my ip adress from your posts. Id rather not have every web robot on the face of the earth pick em up and spam me with DoS attacks and god knows what.

Cypher
April 24th, 2006, 05:33
If you've been trying to connect to the chatroom, and had no luck it's because the server changed.

You may have to update your server address (until all dns servers update) to: 69.64.40.51

See you there!

SamusOrien
May 5th, 2006, 03:40
looking for a game that someone is hosting now so that i may play.

Cypher
May 8th, 2006, 16:56
The domain name of our irc chat channel has changed!

If you are interested in coming down to the chatroom, please use

server: irc.UnrealGamers.net

The old server domain will not work anymore.

Hope to see you there soon!

Meatball
May 21st, 2006, 18:20
Anyone else still having issues connecting? Tried the new unreal dns addy as well as the direct IP.

Cypher
May 22nd, 2006, 18:22
The chatroom is, and has been, up waiting for visitors :)

I'm really not sure why you would be having a problem connecting.

Aramilo
May 28th, 2006, 09:09
i cant get the mIRC to log onto the irc.UnrealGamers.net

Cypher
May 28th, 2006, 21:08
i cant get the mIRC to log onto the irc.UnrealGamers.net

It does work just fine, but I wouldn't worry about it. There aren't enough gamers interested in chatting to make it work.

This thread can be un-stickied.

Thank you.

acmer
May 28th, 2006, 21:17
A chat with the devteam would be nice and it might get some people to login too. I was on the channel once but it was very quiet and only a few people there.

killay
October 3rd, 2006, 09:58
Hi,

Isnt there anyone in the chatroom? It would be so easy if most of you people would run it. Cause some people like me who are new could really use such chatrooms. Any chat room would be fine. I hope the devs could make up a chatroom that is accesible on the homepage.

greetings

LordTomar
October 3rd, 2006, 11:21
The chat room never really worked out. There were some people who would stay around in it and discuss/answer questions, but most people would just jump in and say a quick "hi" and if they didnt get a response within a min would leave. Most people who were in the room would have it running in the background while they were at work, so they wouldnt be able to respond immediatly.

The chat room was abandoned after about a month I think it was.

mr_h
October 3rd, 2006, 14:39
I still pop in there once in a while, but it's usually only me, or someone else idling :/

richvalle
October 3rd, 2006, 15:18
I got 'lost' when it moved from one server to another. I just didn't make the change.

rv

Snikle
October 3rd, 2006, 15:33
I havent been there in a long time, sure if we promote it again, people will come I am sure. What if we could get the devs to pop in on a certain night or something, do a dev chat or something. Then maybe gets some rpg heavyweights in there...?

Oberoten
October 3rd, 2006, 18:55
Well, I am almost always on IRC when I am not working so I'd be more'n game. :)

Re-open and I shall come.

killay
October 3rd, 2006, 22:02
call me in, I'm willing to spend some time on the chat.

:p