PDA

View Full Version : Script Error

snafuperman
January 4th, 2018, 19:01
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:435: attempt to index field 'vNode' (a userdata value)

Greetings and my thanks in advance for the help. To get to it:

I have no extensions loaded.
I am running FG v3.3.1 Ultimate.
I am running the Website version (not Steam).
I am using the 5E ruleset v3.3.3 & CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.3

My problem is twofold.

First:

I did an update upon starting. It took a bit, but got completed. However, it consistently states "Update Available" even after clicking the button to do an update. It seems to run through, checking the various purchased modules/materials, finds nothing, and then goes back to the initial FG screen. The "Update Available" remains. Multiple attempts to update have failed. See screenshots.

edit: "update" file in FG directory shows the following: 21871

Second:

I am getting the following script error: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:435: attempt to index field 'vNode' (a userdata value)

I initially attempted to drag an NPC from the library into the NPC tab in order to make a copy and modify the creature. The NPC would not drag, however. I attempted several possible solutions - mainly various attempts at dragging and dropping into various groups - but could not see the copied NPC. Then I got the error listed above.

I shut down FG and got back in. Upon going to the appropriate Group in the NPC tab, I was able to see that the NPC had been copied multiple times even though it had not been showing up previously. I deleted all but one copy, unlocked the copy, made modifications, locked it again, and began looking at other NPC's. Then I received the same script error again. It was necessary to again quit FG and get back in.

Upon getting back to the NPC tab, the copied creature that I had edited was still available. I then attempted to add another NPC to the Group. The feature would not work (it would not show up in the NPC tab just as before). I also attempted to move previously created creatures from a custom exported module Group into the Group being used, but it is also not showing up.

I again quit to the load screen and reloaded the campaign. Upon opening the NPC tab, I was able to see the various creatures that had been dragged and dropped but were previously not visible. Upon attempting to edit, I received the same 2 script errors in quick succession (see screenshot).

edit: I also just noticed that the screenshot above shows only my modified creatures in a separate group showing under the "All" group. I have the MM and other other sources loaded, so it should be a lengthy list.

Any help would be appreciated - hoping to run a session in a few hours :-/

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2018, 19:14
One of the gurus will be on shortly that knows better what that error means. the two things that I would look at until then are; folder permissions and incomplete downloads. Make sure you have the proper permissions on your FG Data folder and sub folders/files. Check your ruleset and vault folder for incomplete files and delete them and re-run the Update.

Zacchaeus
January 4th, 2018, 19:20
The current version of Fantasy Grounds is v3.3.3 so if you are on v3.3.1 then your client is not updating correctly.

Delete your fg.exe and the uddater.exe files and reinstall from the webinstaller that you can find on the storepage under downloads.

snafuperman
January 4th, 2018, 19:37
Thanks for the quick response.

Just being cautious Zacchaeus; I need to delete "FantasyGrounds.exe" and "FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe"? There is also a "FGUpdaterEngine.exe"

Thanks again.

snafuperman
January 4th, 2018, 20:20
Deleted files and reinstalled. It now shows as v3.3.3. Thanks! I'll see if the script error is repaired.

snafuperman
January 4th, 2018, 20:24
Thanks LordEntrails and Zacchaeus. It currently appears that the Script Error has been repaired w/ the resolution of my first listed update problem. You've made at least one DM happy today :-)