PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds and Ultimate Campaign

paladinpariah
January 3rd, 2018, 10:15
Wondering what modules/tables, etc. are out there for Ultimate Campaign. I intend to use it heavily in FG and before I go nuts with data entry and making tables, I'd like to see if someone's already done any of the work first. I know some of it is in the SRD so I'm wondering how much has ended up in user created FG content. Googling it comes up with a lot of info about ultimate licenses so I ran into a dead end there. I know some of it is in the SRD so I'm wondering how much has ended up in user created FG content. Thanks!

Bidmaron
January 3rd, 2018, 12:45
Paladin, Ultimate Campaign is the entire reason I am writing my Generators extension. To handle that book effectively requires a much more sophisticated tables capability than we have right now. Code for the first release is done and in testing but I am not in business of predicting release date because of the unpredictable nature of my work schedule.
I haven’t done much work on the content itself though because I need Generators first

paladinpariah
January 3rd, 2018, 13:41
Wow that's pretty awesome. What makes the content so complicated? The FG table system seemed pretty robust to me, but I'm an amateur at all this. I'm wondering what the book needs that FG can't do?

Nylanfs
January 3rd, 2018, 14:04
You can't roll a table and have that value exported to another table, at least I'm betting that's one of the things that he is refering to.

paladinpariah
January 3rd, 2018, 14:27
Yeah I could see how that could mess with things like multi-step background generation.

Bidmaron
January 3rd, 2018, 19:15
And nested table calls don’t execute in a reliable order. This is the main issue. Also you need logic in the table process and the ability to reference other table rolls.

flipwalker42
January 3rd, 2018, 20:06
As we wait for this awesomeness I have found an Excel spreadsheet that someone has been working on for a very long time that does an amazing job for UC. If you're interested PM me, because I'm not sure what the rules are for posting external to FG content here. As a note, it is /not/ my work, but is available on Paizo's website if you dig enough in the forums.

Philip

paladinpariah
January 3rd, 2018, 20:08
Very kind of you but I found the same spreadsheet in my searching. It's pretty epic.

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2018, 20:26
You can share external links to valid RPG material. The thing we don't allow is links to copyright breaking sites/material. It sounds like the spreadsheet on the Paizo forum should be fine - it's OGL material, etc..

paladinpariah
January 3rd, 2018, 20:28
Then here it is...

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pvsy?Ultimate-Campaign-Kingdom-Tracking-Spreadsheet

Nylanfs
January 4th, 2018, 17:36
Yep, it's not like we are Roll20 or anything. :)