PDA

View Full Version : A touch of help

LDedric
January 2nd, 2018, 23:57
I've spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out how to create a magic/cursed item.

I can't seem to find a "magic/weird science item" area to make them.

Thank you for any assistance.

Leperchan5
January 3rd, 2018, 03:43
I’m assuming you means an item with a power attached to it... if so, I’m not sure how.

dikdastard
January 7th, 2018, 15:39
Didn't think this was possible either but it does work as long as you create your own editable version of the power first ie don't try to drag a power direct from the library to a new item as it's locked and just doesnt work. For example I've created 2 versions of the famous doc lightning lightning gun- one based on a new ranged weapon firing as a bolt power (where wierd scientist should use shooting skill to hit with it) and other as a plain item - actually both versions probably work better using the plain item template as both forms of attack are best made from the powers tab not the weapons tab- having it listed as a weapon in this sense just makes it more confusing. The key is creating the bespoke version of the power listing, then linking it into the notes section of the item. When a character gets the item they can click on the power link to open it then drag it onto the character's powers tab to implement. With the bolt version I needed to then manually edit the listing to correct it to a ranged attack instead of arcane attack so it now uses doc's shooting skill.
Hopefully the attached screenshot makes things a little clearer.

dikdastard
January 7th, 2018, 15:41

dont know why screenshots can be so difficult to attach sometimes!