PDA

View Full Version : Local Tabletop question

Andurin
January 2nd, 2018, 23:30
Hello,
I am thinking of running FG for my local tabletop with minis and a built in tv to the table for maps. We will roll manually and keep paper character sheets. We are planning on running OotA. My main question, before I purchase a license, is will I have to buy the adventure on FG as well (have physical copy) to use the maps and handouts? I really want to use FG for the maps and some notes but still keep the physical aspect. Thank you in advance for any information.

ywang2011
January 3rd, 2018, 00:01
You can upload the images yourself into FG if you have them. If you don’t have digital versions of the maps, and can’t scan them in from the book then you’ll need to buy the module.

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2018, 00:03
No, you don't have to buy the FG module, but you might want to. Here's what's up;

You can buy most/all of the maps from the cartographers themselves. Or you can scan in the maps from your hardcopy and use those. Or create your own maps. If you want to do the handouts through FG, then you would have to scan those in as well, or you could just show them to the players from your print copy.

Andurin
January 3rd, 2018, 00:59
Thank you guys for the replys. I will think on what I want to do.