PDA

View Full Version : Export to Module question

Dugahst
January 2nd, 2018, 20:44
So I'm building out the Shadow of the Demon Lord campaign "Tales of the Demon Lord" for a group of new players (i myself have never played it before either)- anyways, I decided to build a module that contains pretty much all the core rules for my players to reference and exported it to separate module that I can load into the campaign im making.

Now all the entries are story entries within their own chapter, which is ok (really wish FG had a built in way to make a reference manual style library, but i digress), my question is this, once I complete prep of the entire campaign I plan on exporting it to a module (for backup)-- if I do so will it embed the 'basic rules' module story entries with it, or will it keep them separate?

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2018, 20:59
When you export from a campaign is will only export those entries that are in that campaign. This means that if I open module "A" in campaign "One", then I create story entries "alpha", and "beta" in that campaign and export all story entries into a module "B".

Now if I go to campaign "Two" and open module "B", only "alpha" and "beta" stories will be there. Nothing from Module "A" will be there (unless you open module "A" in the campaign "two").

Dugahst
January 2nd, 2018, 21:44
When you export from a campaign is will only export those entries that are in that campaign. This means that if I open module "A" in campaign "One", then I create story entries "alpha", and "beta" in that campaign and export all story entries into a module "B".

Now if I go to campaign "Two" and open module "B", only "alpha" and "beta" stories will be there. Nothing from Module "A" will be there (unless you open module "A" in the campaign "two").

Ok cool, thats what I wanted to know!