PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] Undermountain - Against the Cult of Talona

LordEntrails
January 2nd, 2018, 18:08
A friend of a friend has asked for your help. He is a wealthy merchant in the City and his young daughter has been kidnapped and he has no one to turn to. He dares not go to the Watch as he fears the cultists will find out and carry out their threat to kill her. He can only trust a few friends, and those that they trust. That's you.

The Cult of Talona are a vile breed. Worshipers of the Mistress of Disease, the Mother of All Plagues, the Lady of Poison bring only pain, suffering and death. Rescue young Katania, bring proof of the cult's evil if you can, gain the favor of a wealthy benefactor.

Play Time - 09:00 MST (-0700 GMT)
Genre - Dungeon Delve
Ruleset/Setting - D&D 5th Edition / Forgotten Realms
Calendar Entry - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2909
Characters - 2nd Level Pregens Provided
Voice: Teamspeak on ts.fg-con.com

This will be a three hour delve. I've been working on developing a FG 5E version of the legendary Undermountain dungeon. Incorporating information from published accessories from Ruins of Undermountain (1991) through Halls of Undermountain (2012) but adopted for the next generation of adventurers. If you've delved through the Undermountain before, you will recognize the places, but with new twists, traps and monsters your experience might just lead you astray. If you've never experienced the Undermountain, now is the time to partake in a small portion of this epic adventure.

All players welcomed, experience with D&D 5E and Fantasy Grounds license not required.

To Apply

Reply to this post with your interest
Choose a character from the list below
Visit the calendar entry, apply there with the desired character

Available Pregen Characters

[Name, class, background, race, sex, other, alignment]
- Niserie, cleric (Mieliki), acolyte, wood elf, female, domain of nature, NG
- Edgar Scarface, cleric (Tempus), gladiator, half orc, male, domain of tempest, CN
- Rhogdinn, barbarian, urchin, dragonborn (white), male, CG
- Rorgo Rockhelm, paladin (Ilmater), soldier, dwarf (mountain), male, LG
- Rrohd Grimcutter, fighter, folk hero, half-orc, male, NG
- Alunair Songdancer, ranger, outlander, half-elf, female, CG
- Drake Grave, rogue, noble, human, male, CN
- Fate Nemisis, rogue, pirate, halfling (lightfoot), female, CG
- Comet Darksilver, warlock (fey), charlatan, tiefling, male, NG
- Quake Royal, wizard (evocation), sage, elf (high), male, NG
- Talon Lordkiller, sorceror (wild magic), hermit, gnome (forest), male, CG
- Paradox, monk, spy, human, male, LN

Post any questions, comments, etc in this thread.

Ahoggya
January 3rd, 2018, 22:11
I would like to play as 'Fate Nemisis', pirate rogue. Sounds like grand fun.

LordEntrails
January 3rd, 2018, 22:43
Awesome Ahoggya, glad to have you.

And from Claudian_:

Hey man,

I'd like to join the oneshot you are thinking of running for the 20th FGDaze but I won't know if I could 100% attend until sometime next week and I can get my schedule sorted. Pencil me in as Drake Grave the Rogue please though, I wouldn't want to 100% commit to reserving a spot then let you down if you had several applicants. I'm fairly new to FG myself and haven't played this adventure before so I'd be grateful for the experience and this is the perfect opportunity to learn in my eyes. Will you already have the PCs set up and hand them out on the day or do we fiddle around with our stats and the skills we pick so long as we have the right backgrounds/races to fit would be my one question about it.

Cheers, hopefully be with you on the 20th to brave the Undermountain.

mlesnews
January 4th, 2018, 20:47
I signed up on the calendar event as Rorgo Rockhelm, paladin (Ilmater), soldier, dwarf (mountain), male, LG. :)

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2018, 21:41
Oh, glad to hear it mlesnews! Let me know any questions.

As we get closer I will be reaching out with with info for everyone.

JohnD
January 4th, 2018, 22:21
Aww... damn wrong time of the day for me. Have fun!

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2018, 23:16
Aww... damn wrong time of the day for me. Have fun!
Sorry to hear that. Their is a similar adventure being run six hours later if that help? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41734-FGDaze-Undermountain-Through-the-Yawning-Portal

Ken L
January 12th, 2018, 17:36
I'm up for some 5e action if you'll have me.

I can pick up Quake Royal the wizard or Alunair Songdancer the ranger.

LordEntrails
January 12th, 2018, 19:51
I'm up for some 5e action if you'll have me.

I can pick up Quake Royal the wizard or Alunair Songdancer the ranger.
Sure, glad to have you. Take your pick. I will make the characters available before hand in case people want to take a look at them in detail.

Ken L
January 12th, 2018, 21:27
Sounds great. I'll tentatively take up Quake, the calendar lists another wizard so I put Alunair just in case as I like rangers too.

barnes9502
January 17th, 2018, 05:01
I would like to play. I would like to play as Comet Darksilver, warlock (fey), charlatan, tiefling, male, NG. Already applied in calendar.

Vixacious
January 17th, 2018, 05:05
Years of Pathfinder experience however only played 5E three times.
Looking to take the spot of Rhogdinn the Barbarian.
Moderate role player and can mesh with any group relatively well
Eastern time zone and familiar with Teamspeak.

LordEntrails
January 17th, 2018, 19:20
Excellent and welcome aboard. I will be sending out emails to verify everyone is onboard and if their are any questions. Look for something from me in the next 24 hours.

LordEntrails
January 18th, 2018, 16:27
Ahoggya and Claudian_, I don't see either of you signed up on the calendar, let me know if you are still interested :)

LordEntrails
January 18th, 2018, 21:37
All,
The characters are now available for download if you would like to preview them. They are on the DMsGuild, just put in $0 for the price (I don't expect anyone to pay for them).

They come all in one zip file, once you extract that, you can import the xml files into FG through the Manage Characters and take a look at them. Note that you will not need to bring them into the campaign as I will have them already ready to go.

Get the files here; https://www.dmsguild.com/product/231741/2nd-Level-Pregens-for-Fantasy-Grounds

Ahoggya
January 18th, 2018, 21:57
I removed myself from the calendar as work came up and can't play.

LordEntrails
January 18th, 2018, 23:59
I removed myself from the calendar as work came up and can't play.
Ah, Bummer. Thanks for doing that, appreciate it. Hopefully next time :)

STRATOS
January 19th, 2018, 06:13
Excited to be there. I will be choosing Edgar Scarface, cleric (Tempus) if still available.

LordEntrails
January 19th, 2018, 16:56
Excited to be there. I will be choosing Edgar Scarface, cleric (Tempus) if still available.
You got them! See you tomorrow.

Blyssful
January 19th, 2018, 20:42
Not sure your still taking players but signed up as the monk in case you have room or a no show

mlesnews
January 20th, 2018, 19:41
Thanks all, I had a blast even though I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn (terrible attk rolls). Thanks LordEntrails for DM'ing!

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2018, 19:42
Just after the party descended down the Long Dark Stair. They got the barred door opened and avoided the traps...

STRATOS
January 20th, 2018, 19:50
Thanks for all guys looking forward to play again.

Ken L
January 20th, 2018, 20:27
Great game.

Remember guys, arrows in the gut are always fashionable.

LordEntrails
January 20th, 2018, 20:45
Scars are sexy! Make you look tough :)