PDA

View Full Version : ok ive asked this elsewhere but now to re-ask it here!

bubonicone
January 2nd, 2018, 04:46
which one of these systems offers good bang for the buck.

I'm on a tight budget so no pf or 5e, and i've already put out too much money for the pdf's/hard covers LOL!

Id prefer if I can get a decent game system for $30-50ish and is seriously thinking Rolemaster Classic, but is open to suggestions!

damned
January 2nd, 2018, 04:55
The best value systems are Castles&Crusades and Savage Worlds. They are both solid game systems with solid content at very good prices.

In terms of 5e - the base license includes the SRD and Basic Rules (use one or the other, dont use both) at no extra cost.
For PF there is a tonne of very good content available under the Pathfinder SRD/OGL in the forums.

Call of Cthulhu and WoiN are also within your budget as is buying say the 5E PHB and a module.

And Celestian's AD&D ruleset also contains a tonne of stuff to get you started: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37777-Project-AD-amp-D-Core-Ruleset

Of course if Rolemaster is your thing you will find that the FG implementation will make combat so much more streamlined.

damned
January 2nd, 2018, 05:03
Oh - I just checked the store - and right now you could have Castles&Crusades AND Savage Worlds for the princely sum of $15 combined!

Erin Righ
January 2nd, 2018, 07:27
Listen to him, he's damned-right

But seriously, if you have PF Pdfs or Hardcovers, the free stuff people are putting out in the forums is just Boss. i can't speak for 5E but I hear there is a tonne of good community stuff for it too, as for bang for buck, I hear C&C and SW are about the best

pindercarl
January 2nd, 2018, 13:40
If you purchased Pathfinder PDFs from Paizo, you can link your Paizo account to Fantasy Grounds and get a discount on the FG module.

JohnD
January 2nd, 2018, 15:29
Another vote for Castles and Crusades here.