PDA

View Full Version : Equipping weapons - how does this work?

qwortec
December 31st, 2017, 18:14
When a character puts a weapon into their inventory it automatically sets it to 'equipped' and adds the weapon entry to the Actions tab. When you set the weapon to 'carried' or 'not carried' the entry in the actions tab does not change. If you delete the Action for the weapon it will not reappear unless you delete the item from your inventory and drop a new copy of it in.

If you manually create a new entry in the actions tab under weapons, you get a blank that has an equipped/carried/not-carried icon that you can cycle through. Why does this only exist for manual entries and not on the automatic entries from weapons added to the inventory?

Could someone walk me through how this is supposed to function?

EDIT: figured out that you can see the equipped icon in ACTION tab by changing the mode to preparation. I think I've got this figured.

LordEntrails
December 31st, 2017, 19:10
As you noted, when you add a weapon to the inventory, a default action is created for the weapon. Equipped weapons show their actions in the action tab modes Standard, Preparation, and Combat. Unequipped items do not show an action when the mode is changed to Preparation or Combat. I forget the exact details, but you've pretty much worked it out.

As you noticed, removing an item from the inventory does not delete the action, and deleting the action it is not re-created until you add the item back into inventory. This is in part because FG parses and adds the actions when you add an item, but does nothing additional when an item is removed. This is the same behavior you see when adding and removing levels or classes. When added, FG parses things and adds accordingly, but removing a class or level no traits or other things are removed. Same with races etc.

Basically FG add things automatically, but never removes more than exactly what you remove.