PDA

View Full Version : NPC Initiative Bonus

LordEntrails
December 29th, 2017, 17:37
Is their anyway to give an initiative bonus or advantage to an NPC's initiative when rolled automatically by FG?

Trenloe
December 29th, 2017, 18:28
If you wanted it to be part of the auto roll when the NPC was first added to the CT you'd have to embed the bonus in the NPC record itself.

Otherwise you could use the INIT effect once in the CT and re-roll from the right-click menu in the CT.

LordEntrails
December 29th, 2017, 22:00
How would you embed it into the NPC record? (That's what I want to do.) Is their a trait that I can copy?

I'm not aware of any creatures that do this, but ...

(I see that with effects I could do INIT:# or ADVINIT or DISADVINIT, but those don't get counted when the NPC is added to the tracker.)

Zacchaeus
December 29th, 2017, 22:19
I think Trenloe may mean add it into the XML somehow. I'm not aware of any form of words which would automate this in an NPC trait.

Trenloe
December 30th, 2017, 01:36
Yeah, sorry - looking at the 5E code it just uses the Dex modifier.

This extension might help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters) Allowing you to have an INIT effect populated when the NPC is added to the CT. Hopefully it would work with the initial init roll. But, looking at the initial addNPC code effects might not be taken into account.

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2017, 03:12
Thanks Trenloe. Appreciate it :)