PDA

View Full Version : Connection Test Failure

Dkoon84
December 29th, 2017, 05:57
Hello! I am rather new to Fantasy Grounds, my group purchased it for me to use to run games with. Over the last couple of days I set it up and have been learning how everything works, yesterday I was able to have players connect to the game but today I keep getting a connection test failure. As far as I can tell nothing has changed, my IP address are the same, my PC and Modem settings all appear to be the same. Is there anyone who could possibly help resolving this issue?

damned
December 29th, 2017, 06:20
Did you have to make any changes on the router to make it work?
If not - restart your router and retest.

JohnD
December 29th, 2017, 06:51
Your internal ip probably changed. Update your forwarding rule to reflect the new address if that's the case.

Dkoon84
December 29th, 2017, 07:19
I had to set up a DMZ as the modem dosnt seem to have port forwarding that I was able to find.
And the IP is still the same

Willot
December 29th, 2017, 08:42
Port forward can sometimes be found under the firewall or security stuff.
Other than that....
When your players connect do they connect using the alias system or do they type in your IP number assigned to you by your ISP?
Cause that too can change...

I have found that when you get the connection failure it's usually some sort of security getting it's panties in a bunch

damned
December 29th, 2017, 10:16
Hi Dkoon84 I really dont recommend DMZ as it has greater potential to expose more of your computer than you suspect.
Send me your email via PM if you cannot resolve.

damned
December 30th, 2017, 04:30
Network Connection was set to Public -> changed it to Private
Logged into Arris router and:
1. Turned off DMZ
2. Added Virtual Server 1802-1802 TCP pcipaddress 1802-1802
3. Added DHCP reservation for pcipaddress+macaddress