PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Critical Hits

Dax Doomslayer
December 28th, 2017, 13:57
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if there was a way to automate an alternate critical hit damage roll. Instead of doubling the dice, I would rather have it max out one die and roll the second. Thus if one is wielding a longsword, the critical will be 8 + (1d8). Is there any way to set FG up to do this or is it pretty much a manual thing. Thanks for any help / input!!

LordEntrails
December 28th, 2017, 16:31
I assume for 5E? There is a 5E extension that does this. It should be in the 5E extensions sticky. If for a different ruleset you will have to specifiy.

Dax Doomslayer
December 28th, 2017, 17:46
Hi LordEntrails - thanks for the reply! Yes for 5E, sorry for not indicating that. I'll go try to look there - is it the Vitality & Improved Critical extension? Is there one that's just the improved critical extension. I wouldn't want to use the other part of that...

Trenloe
December 28th, 2017, 17:52
The thread for that extension mentions that it is the combination of two different extensions. One being TheoGeeks Improved Critical extension, which can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34431-New-Extension-TheoGeek-s-Improved-Critical

Dax Doomslayer
December 28th, 2017, 18:45
Cool - thanks Trenloe!!