PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bestiaries 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Occult Bestiary Modules Reformatted

madman
December 28th, 2017, 06:59
I have redone all the bestiaries so they are formatted the same.
Spells, Spell-Like Abilities, Mythic Magic etc..
If you find errors I will fix them as I can.

And Thanks to Ken L for CreatureGen it's a great extension.

Madman..

Bestiary First (1256) Unity - Removed Bad Characters
Bestiary Second (1303) Unity - Removed Bad Characters
Bestiary Third (1286) Unity - Removed Bad Characters
Bestiary Fourth (1266)
Bestiary Fifth (1273)
Bestiary Sixth (788)

Bestiary Sixth, Occult Bestiary, Inner Sea Bestiary are in post #4 below.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41644-Pathfinder-Bestiaries-1-2-3-4-5-6-and-Occult-Bestiary-Modules-Reformatted&p=369478&viewfull=1#post369478

damned
December 28th, 2017, 12:20
Great work madman.

madman
December 28th, 2017, 16:29
Here is the Bestiary Sixth, Occult Bestiary, Inner Sea Bestiary.

Madman..

Mistamichal
December 28th, 2017, 23:48
Brilliant work. I just did a quick comparison with the old ones and I like what I see.

turelus
January 6th, 2018, 12:53
Awesome, thanks a lot for these!

madman
January 26th, 2018, 09:42
So it appears that I uploaded the wrong file for Bestiary Sixth (somehow it contains the Bestiary First) It is fixed in the original post.

Madman..

darkling
January 28th, 2018, 04:44
Thank you for these (:3

GameSeneschal
December 26th, 2018, 01:10
Being brand new to FG, I have a few questions.
1-What happens if I install these without having purchased any Bestiaries?
2-Will there be a conflict with the first one, if I install it after having purchased the first from the company?

Lastly, is this the folder where these would go?
C:\Users\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\modules

Thanks in advce,
-GS

darkling
December 26th, 2018, 01:47
Being brand new to FG, I have a few questions.
1-What happens if I install these without having purchased any Bestiaries?
2-Will there be a conflict with the first one, if I install it after having purchased the first from the company?

Thanks in advce,
-GS

If you have these and the purchased Bestiaries, they'll both show in your Modules options and you can load both, or either one.

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2018, 16:42

It depends, if "C:\Users\OWNER\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds" is your FG Data folder, then yes. The easiest/best way to find your FG Data folder is on the FG launch screen click the folder icon in the top right corner, it will open a folder explorer in your FG Data folder.

patriot101
January 5th, 2020, 21:07
Thank you so much. I am new to FG, but have been diving in since I have a lot of time available to me right now. Love what I see, and I appreciate the content and the ease of use of this software.

swest
April 29th, 2020, 02:26
There was an earlier question similar to mine, but it didn't really address the issue: Is there anything to be gained by keeping the Community module for, say, Bestiary 2, if one has purchased the corresponding official module from the Fantasy Grounds store? Other than the potential for confusion?

Thanks,

- s.west

madman
April 29th, 2020, 06:31
Been years. not sure at this point. The official modules are going to have art and tokens. I would use those.
there may be some effects that were not included with the official ones but I doubt much else.

Madman..

Tybrimel
May 3rd, 2020, 03:39
Thanks for these.
Tyb

StopEatingCrayons
October 31st, 2020, 19:35
I tried to replace the letter tokens with my own, but ever how much as I fiddled with it, I could not find a way to do it. Is there a trick for replacing the tokens of the monsters?

madman
October 31st, 2020, 22:51
Welcome. If you make a copy of the NPC by dragging the link and dropping it in the same window it should keep the token you assign.

StopEatingCrayons
November 1st, 2020, 09:33
Thanks for a quick reply. I tried that, and it did make a copy of the record. However the token field was still not accepting any token. The record was unlocked and I was trying to drop a .png file in the opaque field next to the ID field. But seems like it is not because of a problem with the mod. I tried creating a new empty record, but encountered the same issue.

damned
November 1st, 2020, 09:34
Drop it from Assets

swest
November 5th, 2020, 03:21
madman,

Regarding an issue that I have seen in some of the FG Official Modules, I used a couple of Wild Hunt NPCs from "PFRPG Bestiary Sixth.mod", and have found something similar there (for one NPC, at least).

The issue, which I'm sure you're familiar with, revolves around the Crit Multiplier in the Attack(s) line. Often, we see the erroneous 'multiplication' symbol, e.g. "×3", instead of an actual 'x', like "x3". This breaks FG, and it doesn't recognize the multiplier at all.

If you look at the aforementioned module's NPC entry for the Wild Hunt Archer, you will see that the multiplier symbol is missing altogether. Apparently, there is yet another variant of the 'multiplication' symbol. When I cut'n'paste this one, I get an unprintable (in ansi, or utf-8), to wit: "�3"

Anyway, I've corrected my own use of it, but I thought you'd like to know. I don't know if there are others in there with the same problem.

Thanks for Bestiary 6. It has saved me time and trouble.

Cheers,

- s.west