PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2-3 players, Curse of Strahd. Group reformation

legitomega
December 28th, 2017, 00:00
Hi there I'm running a Curse of Strahd adventure Thursday nights 7-10pm central time.
Next play session is January 4th, after all the holidays.

We are only 10-15% into the main storyline of the adventure, and are all level 5 with some magic items.

About the game - Combat/Roleplay has been around 50/50%
Discord chat for 99% of game communications.

New players joining will start off at level 5, and with magic items equal to the rest of the party.

I had 2 core players leave to start a Storm kings thunder adventure. Would like to get at least 2, to a max of 4 additional players to pad out the roster.

We are playing Curse of Strahd, but the emotional tone, and horror elements have been dialed up a few notches above the base adventure.
I am not afraid to touch on Taboo subjects that have offended a few of my players ( at the end they loved the outcome ), such as child abuse, violence against women and the elderly, and dark religious iconography where appropriate.

Character backgrounds are welcome, but not a requirement. General character info is sword coast related, or specific to Ravenloft.

Current party is dwarf barb, elf druid, and a NPC dragonborn cleric.

welcome to any class/race available to the players handbook and DMs guide.

reply in thread, or drop a private message if you would like in, looking for at least 2, to a max of 4 or 5.

kwarner1986
December 28th, 2017, 14:40
What system are you running?

Blahness98
December 28th, 2017, 14:59
I believe Curse of Strahd is 5e.

Jsuatac
December 28th, 2017, 18:04
Hi, I'd love to join and play a holy rogue assassin Cleric (War) 1, rogue Assassin 4. Variant Human, feats Sharpshooter, Alertness.
Assuming you use the 27 point buy - stats would be: 8/16/10/11/16/12
I'm EST so 1 hour later than you and 8pm-11pm is fine for me
:)
Cheers,
John

Dragontail
December 28th, 2017, 18:15
Id love to join as well- as you seem to be low on magic i guess ill play a caster either sorc or wiz if allowed

Doughboy
December 29th, 2017, 01:27
I would be interested in playing Curse of Strahd but not sure what yet...

vegaserik
December 29th, 2017, 02:10
Do you guys run much later than the 10pm end time? I'd love to play and I'm good with the darker themes. I want to role play more, most groups I've tried tend to more hack and slash :( I've been a player/dm since the old Moldvay Basic/Expert days and loved Ravenloft back in the day.

Doughboy
December 29th, 2017, 13:56
I would be interested in playing Curse of Strahd but not sure what yet...
After some thought it looks like I will play a tiefling Warlock...pact of the blade.

Todesfall
January 1st, 2018, 05:26
Ugh... I would so love to join this but sadly I wouldn't be able to be in game till about 5:30 PST... 7:30 your time, and wife plays too but doesn't get home till 1/2 an hour after that. If you did push back your game, please let me know!!!

pgstormblade
January 1st, 2018, 16:39
If you are still looking, I would enjoy playing!

To add some toughness to the party I would like to play a half-elf ranger. I do have access to all of the books, etc on FG.

Thanks!

Talon0076
January 2nd, 2018, 01:15
I'm interested, taking over the cleric would be fine by me. DM'ing 5E for about 2 years now but haven't had a chance as a player yet. Actually have no background with Curse of Strahd other than the comic book but I'm comfortable with the 5E rule system as well as Fantasy grounds. Also have the Ultimate licence if that helps

legitomega
January 2nd, 2018, 18:03
thanks for the replies everyone. I am just waiting for the first round of invites to get responded and returned to me so i know how many more to send out.

I'm still currently waiting on 2 people to get back in touch with me, 2 thus far have got in touch and talked with me.
If the last 2 fail to get in touch and contact me, I'm going to send 3 more people invites.

thanks for the interest so far, if i haven't messaged you personally so far, it doesn't mean i wont. I just don't want to invite 8 people, when I'm only needing 4 at the moment. So please take no offence. Pending on replies getting back to me ill send out another wave for the last 2 slots.

johncase
January 3rd, 2018, 15:16
Hi,
I DM a 5E table and play at another, a friend was home over the Holidays and expressed an interest in playing D&D. We resolved to get into an on-line game together. If you still have a couple of spots we'd be interested. I've never played CoS. Just LMoP and HotDQ. I've been toying with some "Monsters who hunt Monsters" type builds and would love to play-test one in CoS.

Trip H
January 3rd, 2018, 19:58
I am interested in joining. I have some experience with 3.5 and have been doing the research to upgrade to 5E. I have 0 experience with fantasy grounds, but am willing to put in the time/homework to get up to speed.

To go with Curse of Strahd I'm thinking of recycling a shadow-themed (*gnome) sorcerer from 3.5E, but am more than willing to adapt to the party. Also willing to simply talk over voice in order to get going that much faster.

Todesfall
January 4th, 2018, 02:20
@Legitomega I could be online pretty much right at 7pm. Would love to join if there's an opening. I was thinking of a half-elf monk or a halfling barbarian.

GrimReaper
January 13th, 2018, 19:05
Greetings, has the game started? My friend and I would love to join, but don't want to jump in halfway through. I myself have never played Curse of Strahd and I've been a D&D player for years...

legitomega
January 15th, 2018, 01:49
guys the game has indeed started back up, i got more replies for spots than i thought i would.

if i have someone drop out or stop showing up, i will most certainly message one of you to see if you are still interested in taking the persons place.

thanks for all the interest shown