PDA

View Full Version : Pick Up Games

Cypher
March 15th, 2006, 00:25
The idea of the game calendar is nice for scheduled games, but does anyone know of an irc server/channel where FG users meet in order to get a pick up game going? Are there enough FG users to facilitate a chatroom?

Cypher

TruthRevisited
March 15th, 2006, 01:49
Hrmm.. I never thought of that.. but I think it sounds like a good idea. Are you thinking mIRC?

TR

JamesGang
March 16th, 2006, 01:12
This sounds like a great idea for folks with some free time that have that 'RPG Jones'.

I'm eager to see what might develop here. I'm looking for a pickup style one time game from time to time as well.

Frank

Wraith
March 16th, 2006, 12:57
Ya I DM alot but I would like to try one time adventures to test play or just see peoples reactions. I'll be watching to see what comes up. I wouldn't mind DMing some pickup games.

Griogre
March 16th, 2006, 21:08
I wouldn't mind doing a few pickup games either as I'm new to the software and to learn it just made a one and am half finished on another small first level module. I wouldn't mind some more experience running.

TruthRevisited
March 17th, 2006, 23:07
****Fantasy Grounds Open Chat Channel On mIRC****

Looking for a game tonight? Maybe just a place to hang out and chat with other players? Need advice? Well come on down. The mIRC channel for DM's and Players is open and going.

dont have mIRC? Get it at www.mirc.com

IRC Network: WorldGamers
IRC Server: WorldGamers

Channel: #FantasyGrounds

See you there!!

Cypher
March 17th, 2006, 23:09
Well so far this looks very promising.

I've put several of the free scenarios from WotC into Fantasy Grounds, and would be more than willing to run some one shots. My primary time slot is Sunday between 12:00pm and 4:00pm PST. Periodically I have a Saturday afternoon available as well. It's those Saturdays where I would like to just strike up a quick one-shot.

I am currently looking for players to play White Plume Mountain 3.5e in my Sunday afternoon game. If you haven't tried WPM (or if it's been 20 years, and you want to play the revised one for nostalgia) all are welcome.

Now to decide on an irc server to set up our chatroom on...

Cypher

Edit: Hehe Truth was responding at the same time with the chosen server/channel :) See you there!!

Edit 2: server: irc.worldgamers.net

TruthRevisited
March 17th, 2006, 23:13
I pretty much leave IRC running all the time... so I am sure you will.

Cheers.

Cypher
March 23rd, 2006, 01:08
Little bump to remind folks about our little channel. People have been trickling in, and I think we can make a serious go of this.

Tailz Silver Paws
March 23rd, 2006, 02:22
I poped onto irc today but everyone there was asleep....
Oh well....

Majik
March 23rd, 2006, 03:31
Tried to join the chatroom tonight but must be down...?

Tambryn
March 24th, 2006, 21:53
I can't seem to change servers. It looks as if i am signed into BlueMusic something or other. How do I get to the worldgamers server?

Tam

Cypher
March 24th, 2006, 21:56
I can't seem to change servers. It looks as if i am signed into BlueMusic something or other. How do I get to the worldgamers server?

If you're using mIRC then you can go to View->Options->Connect->Servers

from there you add a new server. as the description I just put WorldGamers, then for IRC Server put irc.worldgamers.net. Leave the default port set to 6667.

connect.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Cypher
March 24th, 2006, 21:58
Tried to join the chatroom tonight but must be down...?

Majik I was just wondering if you put the irc address into your server list in mIRC? That is, of course, assuming you're using mIRC as your client.

Tambryn
March 24th, 2006, 22:29
I added the WorldGamers server, but can't seem to see where to select it instead of worldnet.

Tam

Cypher
March 25th, 2006, 00:06
When you're selecting servers (under the File menu) choose the IRC Network: All, then the IRC server: WorldGamers

That should help you. I think you're trying to find WorldGamers under the network.

deckyon
March 25th, 2006, 15:53
sometimes, even though there are people there, they may be afk or busy... Be patient, there is good discussion there often.