PDA

View Full Version : inviting players

jcbarbarossa
December 26th, 2017, 17:35
How do you invite players into your campaign?

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2017, 17:38
Give them the alias or IP and password (if one is set) is all they need to know to connect when you are running FG.

If you are using the calendar on the Website here, their is a way to invite them to that.

Trenloe
December 26th, 2017, 17:39
Welcome to the forums.

The quick answer is that you give them the alias to connect to your FG campaign - then they can join at the arranged time when you have your campaign running. The four word alias is detailed on the Create or Load Campaign screen. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started

If you want to use the FG website Game Calender feature here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/ Then you can create a campaign and invite players to that campaign (there's an invite link in the campaign page once you've added your campaign).

jcbarbarossa
December 26th, 2017, 17:48
Thanks for the responses! I gave them the IP address and it didn't work. What does the connection setting have to do with it?

jcbarbarossa
December 26th, 2017, 17:50
I run the connection test and it comes up 'failure'. No clue why.

Andraax
December 26th, 2017, 18:31
I run the connection test and it comes up 'failure'. No clue why.

Have you forwarded port 1802 through your router?

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2017, 18:41
So depending upon your network, you may need to port forward tcp port 1802 to your GM computer or might have to use a VPN solutions.

The first thing to try is to port forward port 1802 to your computer. Detailed steps can be found on portforward.com depending upon your router. But in short, we would need more details in order to give you more specific steps. You can also search "port forward" or "connection" here on the forums for more info and trouble shooting steps.

jcbarbarossa
December 26th, 2017, 19:59
Thanks all. I have it open. But though I have the ultimate license, it will only allow 1 player to log on at a time. Any solutions to that?

Trenloe
December 26th, 2017, 20:01
But though I have the ultimate license, it will only allow 1 player to log on at a time. Any solutions to that?
What message are you getting?

On the top right of the main FG startup screen does it say v3.3.3 Ultimate or v3.3.3 Free? If it says "Free" then you need to enter your license key in the Settings screen and then run an update - you must run an update after entering your license key.

jcbarbarossa
December 27th, 2017, 03:22
I have it working. Thank you all for your help.