PDA

View Full Version : Obviously stuffed something up here

Noctern
December 26th, 2017, 03:55
Greetings all,

Totally new to the Fantasy Grounds system.
I have just purchased the Ultimate license and all of the D&D items.
My issue is I am trying to install the FG app and when I go to log into my account, fails. - I know I am typing the correct username and password.
I check my order history in my account and everything is listed there but there is also a gift order button beside my order.
Do I have to do anything special to make my order mine?
Have i stuffed up somewhere, and if so how can i fix this?

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

dulux-oz
December 26th, 2017, 04:49
Hi Noctern, and Welcome! to the Community,

I'm not sure how to resolve your issue, but with something like this its always a good idea to shoot the support email an email ([email protected]) - I know that Doug and the rest of the Smite Works crew watch that email very closely, so if someone else doesn't chime in here then send in an email :)

On a different (but somewhat related note) once you do get up and running if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2017, 05:28
Make sure you are doing the following steps;
- Launch FG
- Goto "Settings"
- Goto "Manage" next to purchases Login
- Enter Username and Password
- Click "OK"
- Verify login successful at this point
- Click "OK"
- Click "Update"

That should downloading everything. If that doesn't work, let us know and reach out to support.

Noctern
December 26th, 2017, 05:55
Thanks for your response dulux-oz, will check out the videos once i get this working.
LordEntrails, I have tried all that you have suggested but after i enter my user name and password I get the error - Login failed
I am also sending an email to support but if you have any other solutions I will happily try.
Thank you for your assistance.

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2017, 09:13
If you are failing to log in to your Smiteworks account then you are using the incorrect username and/or password. The username and password required is the same as the ones to log into the forums here.

Noctern
December 26th, 2017, 14:19
Thanks all for the assistance, the issue has now been resolved and I am able to log in to my Fantasy Grounds program.

Seems it was a password issue, and after logging into my account here and changing my password to a new one I was able to log into the program and get it to see all my stuff.
Thanks once again to all.

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2017, 16:00
Glad you got it. Thanks for posting what the solution was. Happy gaming!

FG_Dave
December 27th, 2017, 15:10
Thanks all for the assistance, the issue has now been resolved and I am able to log in to my Fantasy Grounds program.

Seems it was a password issue, and after logging into my account here and changing my password to a new one I was able to log into the program and get it to see all my stuff.
Thanks once again to all.

I'm glad the password change helped Noctern, if you have any more questions ask away :)