PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting two for an ongoing 5e homebrew, Mondays 9:30 pm cst

Morfedel
December 25th, 2017, 20:32
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: cst
Day of week and time: Mondays 9:30 pm
Planned Duration & Frequency: weekly, approx 2-3 hours

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50; bouts of 100% roleplaying, with bouts of 100% combat

Number of Players in game & needed: 4 now, need 1-2 more

Character starting level & equipment: currently level 6; equipment to be determined

Character restrictions: there are certain restrictions based on character race, culture, and region they hail from. For example, there is only one tribe of barbarians in the empire that was normally allowed, and had to have certain specific builds. By the same token, however, as the character roam the land, available races and classes change depending on the locale the players are at.

right now they are somewhat deep in an elven forest; until recently elves were not available, due to the below mentioned closed borders, and this having been a story centered in the human Empire, but now, being in Elven lands, fey characters are much more available, for instance.

Details of your scenario:

We have an ongoing homebrew game on mondays, 9:30 pm cst, that we are recruiting for our campaign. We have four players, we prefer 5, but 6 is ok with us too.

We are slightly laid back, and enjoy socializing as part of the game. We run the rules fairly tight to the game, but not 100%; we are somewhere around 50% roleplay/combat, which in our campaign means we have stints that can be several sessions of little more than roleplaying, then stints that are nothing but combat. you might call it story driven dungeon crawling.

With that in mind, our game is, in fact, heavily story driven. As such, I do not like rules lawyers, as above - if I get a rule wrong, feel fine to point it out, but if I tell you that rule isnt applying for some reason, I usually have a good reason for it, so someone wanting to play in this game needs to be fine with that. I do have a couple minor house rules, mostly to deal with stuff the game didn't quite address, but they aren't anything major.

I also do not like power gamers. Someone looking for the most optimized way to trivialize encounters is going to make me one unhappy game master.

On the other hand, if you are looking for a game that intermixes story with a long term plot mixed with intense periods of combat, this game might be for you.

As for our scheduling, we do play most game nights, but if too many people cant' show up for some reason, then I may not run that particular evening. Additionally, we usually play for about 2.5 hours, but we also have parents in the group, and sometimes child issues causes players to run late. that can cause our game to get delayed. So patience and understanding that these things happen will also be necessary.

I guess because of these, you could call this a semi casual game. We are hard core gamers who love to socialize and have family matters that can interfere....

With that out of the way, feel free to PM me your interest, and tell me why you think you would be a good fit. Also, tell me how reliable you can be. We dont expect you to be perfect, since we all arent, but if you are TOO often missing games, well, that can be just as bad.

So, with that in mind, I'll tell you about the setting itself, so if it doesnt appeal to you, you won't waste your time applying:

The Empire, a land populated by humans and halflings, is in its final days. Long having closed their borders, as had the Elves and Dwarves, a three way isolationist policy that saw the three kingdoms become strangers. The human Empire had grown in might, the current Emperor being nearly godlike in his power over most of the continent.

But the Emperor, after an extraordinary long life for a human, has finally died... without an heir. With that, civil war erupted, leaving the far northeastern tip of the empire, a border keep constantly plagued with invasions from northern hordes, bereft of support it so direly needed.

And a falling star blazed through the night, smashing into the northern mountain ranges, and from its impact, a harbinger of chaos and death crawled out, and began stalking the lands, with the heroes of this story the only ones standing in its way....

JohnD
December 26th, 2017, 22:10
Sounds interesting, even though I am unavailable at the present time.