PDA

View Full Version : Map pin problem

KlatuB
December 22nd, 2017, 22:52
I'm having an issue with story pins on a map. In a campaign that is used only to generate modules we have some maps one of them is a map of the sword coast. On the map are some pin that link to stories, the first time I pulled the module into our current campaign the pins were properly linked, I added a couple of new pins to the master map as we want to keep these locations between campaigns.

The problem I have is that when I open the current campaign there are duplicate pins (circled pins on "Campaign Map"), and 2 pins that point to the wrong story, and 1 pin that opens a blank (New) story. When I open the map in the master module campaign the pins all point to the correct stories. If I create a new campaign and load the map module the pins are the correct location and open the correct stores.

I know I can just delete the existing pins on the current campaign map and re-pin the locations, but I don't want to have to do that every time I make a change to the master module map.

damned
December 22nd, 2017, 23:18
If you are linking pins to content in the setup/prep campaign you need to export that content as well with the map in to your export module.
For your use case i would just do all the linking in the active/game campaign.

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2017, 23:43
I may not be following exactly what you are doing, but if you open a module with a map and pins and then add pins or move them around or in fact make any kind of change in the campaign those changes persist in the campaign even if you go back and change the master campaign and re-export the module. When you open the revised module it will still show the edits you made in the campaign since they are stored in the campaign database and overwrite the data in the module.

You can right click over the module in the module activation window and select revert changes. This will remove any changes you made in the campaign. You may not want that of course if you want the changes to persist.

LordEntrails
December 23rd, 2017, 01:04
If you still have questions, check out the Adventure Module link in my signature, their is a section in that guide that talks about how to update content and re-export and revert changes if needed.

KlatuB
December 23rd, 2017, 19:50
Doing a revert changes on the module did the trick, thanks Zacchaeus