PDA

View Full Version : Steam and the Bundle Discount

retyler
December 22nd, 2017, 02:02
I am considering purchasing the Fantasy Grounds D&D Complete Bundle on Steam, and I am wondering how this would work when future items are available? I know that if I were to purchase the D&D Complete Bundle on Smite Works site I would be able purchase all new items at a discounted price, but would the same happen for the Steam Fantasy Grounds D&D Complete Bundle?

I would actually like to purchase directly from Smite Works, but I am unable to use PayPal (no matter what card I use with my name or computer I try it on) and Smite Works doesn't offer another way to purchase through them. :(

Edit:
Oh wow. I just found out that Fantasy Ground is offered on the DMsGuild (https://www.dmsguild.com/browse/pub/89/SmiteWorks), but it's not on sale as of this posting, so there is an alternative to PayPal.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2017, 02:06
It just means that you will always want to buy DLC from one site or another. If you buy a bundle on Steam, then you will need to buy all future products added to that bundle through Steam to get the bundle discount price. Reverse is true if you buy through the FG store.

I had a similar issue years ago with PayPal, I just had to use a different email address and a card that wasn't linked to the old account (due to identity fraud).

But, if you can't get PayPal to work, Steam works as well, SmiteWorks just has to pay a fee to Steam.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2017, 02:07
Oh, and both stores always have the same sales. Sometimes they may be an hour or two off, but they are always planned to be the same.

retyler
December 22nd, 2017, 02:11
Thank LordEntrails for the info.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2017, 02:12
Thank LordEntrails for the info.
You're welcome, and welcome to the community :)

retyler
December 22nd, 2017, 02:52
LordEntrails I was looking at your signature and it says Undermountain 5E under Current Projects. What is that?

retyler
December 22nd, 2017, 03:17
Placed the post as an edit in Original Post.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2017, 03:51
LordEntrails I was looking at your signature and it says Undermountain 5E under Current Projects. What is that?
It is a set of adventure modules that I've been working on forever now *G* But actually have a planned release for it at the end of next summer.

You may have also noticed the Dungeon Trinkets and Dungeon Room Descriptions links, those are both things I've developed to help me with the project.

In short, it's taking all 15+ levels of the UM from past sources, creating new maps for it, then making modules for each level that;room descriptions for every room, encounters for many of them (a couple hundred per level) based upon various power groups, setting up different plots and quests that can be used, random tables, all sorts of fun stuff.

Basically, all the past print products have been nothing but small areas. As their is no way to detail every room, every encounter, trap, etc in something you have to print. And even if you did, then navigating and organizing it would be poor, and then how do you handle battle maps for each room?

With FG, I can (and am) doing all of that. But it takes time to do it right :)

I've been trying to get it coordinated with WotC, but haven't been able to get an intro or a response.