PDA

View Full Version : 44 Trillion Dungeon Room Descriptions

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2017, 04:38
Seriously, do you need unique dungeon room descriptions? I've got more than you can ever use, 44,285,477,827,500 of them to be exact.

Using multiple tables for different aspects of doors and rooms, and with Story Templates, you'll be able to create all the unique room descriptions you might ever need. And of course since this is a FG module, you can expand on the tables or change them up to soot your own needs.

Check it out on the DMsGuild, let me know what you think, and enjoy!

Dungeon Room Descriptions (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/229402/Dungeon-Room-Descriptions?affiliate_id=432258)

This module works in all CoreRPG rulesets; including 5E, 3.X, PF, and C&C. If you have any concerns about a specific ruleset, let me know and we will work to verify.

celestian
December 21st, 2017, 05:14
Seriously, do you need unique dungeon room descriptions? I've got more than you can ever use, 44,285,477,827,500 of them to be exact.

Using multiple tables for different aspects of doors and rooms, and with Story Templates, you'll be able to create all the unique room descriptions you might ever need. And of course since this is a FG module, you can expand on the tables or change them up to soot your own needs.

Check it out on the DMsGuild, let me know what you think, and enjoy!

Dungeon Room Descriptions (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/229402/Dungeon-Room-Descriptions?affiliate_id=432258)

Sounds great, gonna snag this... I am always in need of room descriptions !

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2017, 01:41
I want to thank the 15 of you that have already bought this. If you have any comments, for here or on the site (ratings or reviews) I would love to hear what you think!

Bidmaron
December 27th, 2017, 02:25
Count me in, but recommend you indicate this is not 5e because folks like me might assume since it is on DMSGuild that it is only for 5e.

JohnD
December 27th, 2017, 02:44
Will this work with C&C?

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2017, 02:48
Thanks Birdmaron, I'll edit the first post.

JohnD,
It should work for all rulesets. It was developed in CoreRPG and the ruleset tag was modified to "Any". As long as the ruleset has tables and story templates then it should work (which I think is pretty much everything).

If you are uncertain, we can try it out before you buy it and see.

JohnD
December 27th, 2017, 06:29
That would be acceptable.

Jokael
December 27th, 2017, 17:30
This looks awesome, I'm picking it up as well. thanks much!

JohnD
December 27th, 2017, 18:47
Yes, this works in Castles & Crusades.

JohnD
December 27th, 2017, 18:59
Suggestion: can you split out the description into different chat bubbles?

1 for door description, 1 for room interior description would be perfect IMO.

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2017, 19:30
Suggestion: can you split out the description into different chat bubbles?

1 for door description, 1 for room interior description would be perfect IMO.
There are three story templates. One for doors, one for interior and one combination.

I can add another that separates it, or you can just create a story template that looks like this;

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2017, 19:41
To expand upon the template idea a bit. I have a development campaign for Undermountain that I developed this module for. So what I do is load the Dungeon Room Descriptions module in my UM development campaign and then create a story template that is my "base" room story.

So you can see here, I don't actually use the doors, but I do use the room description tables. I then have several other areas that I then populate with a link to the room battlemap, a description of the encounter (and link), the NPC tactics and then of course info about any treasure and a link to the treasure parcel.

This way all my room descriptions are consistent, and it's easy to put in what I want/need.

You can use story templates to do lots of things like this, you could have tables for random treasure and trinkets (see my signature link for trinkets) if you wanted and could even do random NPC tables if you wanted. Given that my NPCs aren't random, I haven't done that, but you could!

JohnD
December 27th, 2017, 21:01
Ah. Great yeah that works. The wife dragged me out shopping for crap so I'll be in the mood to buy when I get home, if there's still anything left in the bank account that is.

Edit: purchased @ 18:24 Central.

LordEntrails
January 1st, 2018, 07:48
I've had some requests for a non-FG version of this module. Their is now a PDF with all the tables and the description templates in it, AND an Excel file that will automatically generate the descriptions into comprehensive sentences just like FG does with it's story templates.

So, if you were one of the ones who asked for this in another format, or you have a friend that would like this and doesn't use FG, send them to this link; Dungeon Room Descriptions (PDF/XLSX)
(https://www.dmsguild.com/product/230179/Dungeon-Room-Descriptions-PDF-XLSX?affiliate_id=432258)
And, if you are one of the many people who have bought the FG version, thank you!

Bidmaron
January 1st, 2018, 18:08
Other than the ruleset tag in the xml file, why is this 5e? Any reason you didn't distort it CoreRPG?

LordEntrails
January 1st, 2018, 20:10
Other than the ruleset tag in the xml file, why is this 5e? Any reason you didn't distort it CoreRPG?
It was created in CoreRPG and the ruleset tag was changed to allow it to be opened in any ruleset. JohnD has already verified it works fine in C&C.

Though... I just went to check in PFRPG and it's not showing... investigating...

LordEntrails
January 1st, 2018, 20:33
Yea, well, I didn't get enough sleep last night, was looking for it in Extensions. It shows up in the modules list just fine for 5E & PF and per JohnD C&C (and it should show up in all rulesets.

Do note, I just noticed a typo, so I'm going to fix that and verify all the other entries and get an updated version up to the guild.

HoloDarksbane
February 1st, 2018, 18:53
Solid. I like it. Purchased. Know of any good atmospheric/environmental description generators? I like describing the feel and smell of a room as well as its features.

LordEntrails
February 1st, 2018, 22:01
Solid. I like it. Purchased. Know of any good atmospheric/environmental description generators? I like describing the feel and smell of a room as well as its features.
I don't, but it would be easy to add to this module. I'm not sure what types of things you would like added, but just add a table to your campaign, take a look at the ones in the module, Then create a new story template, or add or modify one of the existing ones and put in the atmospheric stuff that interests you.

PM me if you need more help, I can help you come up with what you need/want.

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2018, 03:29
Thanks to All of You who have purchased this!

I am amazed at how much interest there has been in this as it has just reached Copper Best Seller status! Wow, I never thought their would be such interest, and the solid 5 star reviews as well. I'm flattered and so thankful.

Not sure how I might say thank you, maybe their are some improvements people would like to see? Maybe a list of ... furniture? Let me know :)

In the meantime, I've marked it down 25% Not sure how that says thanks to all of you who have supported me, but until I come up with a better idea, that's all I could think of!

Allmight
March 18th, 2018, 09:48
Sweet. Anything that helps me with my improv is golden. Thanks :)

Bought!

LordEntrails
March 18th, 2018, 17:53
Thanks Allmight :)

Always feel free to let me know what you think either here or on the product ratings and reviews as well. Appreciate it.

Korak
March 20th, 2018, 12:24
Going to buy this as well.
A option for furniture will be great.

Intruder
March 20th, 2018, 14:59
Picked this up the other day and glad I did!
This resource adds depth and color for those times when I didn't have inspiration or
making a last minute 'hip-shot' more enjoyable.

Many thanks.......and yes.....furniture would be a great addition.

LordEntrails
March 20th, 2018, 16:00
Al right, I'll start working on adding furniture. Any other ideas?

Targas
March 20th, 2018, 20:34
Bought as well, works like a charm. Well done, thanks. Maybe as someone suggested create descriptions for other sites as well, not just rooms? But this might as well be a different modules. I could imagine taverns describing the atmosphere, temples, shops, or other establishments.. ��

JohnD
March 20th, 2018, 22:09
What about caverns?

LordEntrails
March 20th, 2018, 22:44
I think taverns, caverns, and city/town buildings would be different modules/products. But they are all good ideas. Don't think I can really do those at the moment, but if someone is interested in doing them before I get to them, would be happy to help get them setup.

I can see caverns being pretty close to what dungeon rooms, so might try to get to those soonest.

Thanks for the thoughts, and the support!

twistedtechmike
March 20th, 2018, 23:23
Picked this up today myself. Nice work!

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2018, 02:50
Picked this up today myself. Nice work!
Thanks! Glad you like it :)