PDA

View Full Version : tables

tlavalle
December 21st, 2017, 04:32
I am trying to create a table in the create story in fg but i try the ctrl+6 nothing i treid highlighting the text and right click mouse. nothing everything turns up in <p> tags. what am i missing?

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2017, 04:47
Screen shot? I've never seen a <p> tag show up so I'm very curious.
After the CTRL+6 you use CTRL+TAB to insert new cells, and you can use some other commands too, see; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Formatted_Text_Fields

Also, you can search the forums for "CSV Table" and you will find a community extension that helps you cut and paste tables into text fields. May make what you are doing easier.

tlavalle
December 21st, 2017, 05:40
yea, i have the extension. not what i am looking for. I have to create a reference table and have the borders around it also so the line item can be dropped into a field.

Bidmaron
December 21st, 2017, 09:33
You are not using standard terminology, so you are going to have to post some screen shots of what you are looking to do and what you are seeing (I think) before people can really help you. <p> tags are for paragraphs and have nothing to do with tables.

tlavalle
December 22nd, 2017, 05:25
ok here is what i have.

tlavalle
December 22nd, 2017, 05:27
delete pls

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2017, 05:30
So you are trying to create tables in the xml itself? If so, you can't use html markup, you have to figure out what the proper formatting is in FG, and it is very limited.

The ctrl+6 and ctrl+tab etc commands only work in the UI itself.

I'm guessing you have created a table in the FG UI and are now trying to go into the XML and add additional formatting? (i.e. such as borders and such) Can't do that as far as I know, but one of the folks who do more xml editing will be along to verify that.

tlavalle
December 22nd, 2017, 05:34
ok, thanks is there a listing of what html is still in FG

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2017, 05:35
Key presses described here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/The_Basics#Formatted_Text_Fields

Try this, follow these steps exactly - don't type anything else or do anything else with the mouse:

Create a new story entry and click within the "Click to enter text" section
Press CTRL+6 - one table cell will appear.
Press CTRL+TAB - do this 4 times. You will now have 5 sections in the top row of the table and the cursor will be in the last field.
Press Enter. You will now have 1 table field on a new row and the cursor will be in this field.
Press CTRL+TAB - do this 4 times. You will now have 5 sections in the top row of the table and the cursor will be in the last field.
Repeat steps #3 and #4 until you have the number of rows you want.
Click on each field and fill out the relevant details.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2017, 15:51
ok, thanks is there a listing of what html is still in FG
Their is no html in FG.

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2017, 15:53
FG uses pseduo HTML - i.e. a subset of HTML display tags in the formattedtextcontrol. For a list of what is available, see the "Internal Representation" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/formattedtextcontrol.xcp