jmillerliveit
December 19th, 2017, 00:21
Marius Haribel's NPCquipage Extension
Allows for the equipping of items and armor to NPCs. Version 0.1 :square:

Cont...

jmillerliveit
December 19th, 2017, 00:27

Download and be a test subject here:

Please let me know via email in the readme if you encounter any problems with the extension.

Thanks.

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2017, 01:43
Nice work, looks promising!

Lots of questions for you;
Can you tell us any known issues?
Does it work with PHB or non-SRD data?
I assume it has no links to parcels? And other than the AC or actions does not record the items in the NPC record?
Looks like it only works for 5E?
Removing an item is just delete the action and re-adjust the AC entry?
Edit: and it looks like to adjust for weapons, armor and size. Anything else?

jmillerliveit
December 19th, 2017, 02:47
First of all, thank-you.
-I do not know of any issues off-hand with it. I tested quite a bit during development.
-Should work with non-SRD data. If the item subtype includes the words weapon and the description does not contain the word ammunition it should create the weapon. It can look at any reference data that is open and pull the stats from it. The only reason I mentioned the SRD was that was the data model that I referenced while writing NPCquipage.
-The idea of the parcels is great! Didn't even think about that. Would make looting the creatures much easier. I'll implement that next. It does not copy actual items in the NPC node in the DB.
-I intended it to be used for 5e and built it with the intent of using it for module creation. I'm currently converting Barrowmaze 5e into Fantasy Grounds and many of the monsters use other types of weapons and armor. Skeleton with Plate and a Greatsword FTW!
-Remove an item is just deleting the entry. If you want to adjust the AC of a creature just delete what is in the AC entry. Then drag new equipment into it. For now you can put as much armor as you want on a creature. I just have been adding one armor and one shield, but I believe you can keep going on until hilarity ensues.
-It makes Actions for Thrown, Ranged (putting in the appropriate ranges as well), Melee and adds Magic to damage rolls if the type is in the weapon properties. It looks at CR and establishes a proficiency bonus based on that. It works with finesse weapons, taking the greater bonus of strength versus dexterity. It puts in another entry based on Versatile weapons using different dice. I was going to add functionality for reach but forgot.

viresanimi
December 19th, 2017, 12:19
This looks very cool!

Will test it and report any issues I encounter. Thanks for sharing!

Vires Animi

EDIT: By starting FG i get this error:
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file NPCquipage - Error on line 20: Error reading Attributes.
The extention is in the extension list, but it has no visible name.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2017, 17:05
EDIT: By starting FG i get this error:
Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file NPCquipage - Error on line 20: Error reading Attributes.
The extention is in the extension list, but it has no visible name.
There's a missing double-quote closure in the <announcement>.

jmillerliveit
December 20th, 2017, 05:01
There's a missing double-quote closure in the <announcement>.

Thought I actually fixed that before uploading. Noticed it when I ran the extension from the archive. Weird. Should be fixed now.