PDA

View Full Version : Using other systems adventures with the Savage Worlds ruleset

ChrisLondon
December 18th, 2017, 23:32
Hi,
I'd like to buy the Complete masks of nyarlathotep and use it with the Savage Worlds core rule set. Is it even possible? Are there any coding tricks to do it (efiting the different files for instance)? What I'm interested in are the story and the pics/tokens...
Thanks for your help!

damned
December 18th, 2017, 23:39
Have a look at the Universal Modules extension...
Story and images and maps and pins and tokens should work... of course no NPC stats will work.

ChrisLondon
December 19th, 2017, 00:30
Cheers! Great extension!

damned
December 19th, 2017, 03:30
Did it work for your case?

ChrisLondon
December 19th, 2017, 09:42
It didn't work. I can't even see the module although some other modules appear and are available. It looks like Cthulhu modules are not recognised...
Thanks anyway and still a nice extension

Ikael
December 19th, 2017, 10:04
The module does not get listed in SavageWorlds ruleset because the module is associated to only CoC. If the module is not encrypted you gen alter it slightly to make it appear in SavageWorlds. You would need to remove <ruleset> info from definitions. xml file.

Not sure how the Universal Module extension can help with this thou? CoC is based on CoreRPG so most of the material should work as is with SavageWorlds without any extension

ChrisLondon
December 19th, 2017, 11:19
I added The Savage Worlds ruleset to the module and it works like a charm now!!! Many thanks for your tips!

Ikael
December 19th, 2017, 11:28
The module does not get listed in SavageWorlds ruleset because the module is associated to only CoC. If the module is not encrypted you gen alter it slightly to make it appear in SavageWorlds. You would need to remove <ruleset> info from definitions. xml file.

Not sure how the Universal Module extension can help with this thou? CoC is based on CoreRPG so most of the material should work as is with SavageWorlds without any extension

Actually I did re-review the extension and it should have been the fix for situation. At least in my case it did, but I haven't checked against that specific module

damned
December 19th, 2017, 11:52
Hmmm... I dont have that particular CoC module but others load for me without me having to modify the extension...?

Trenloe
December 19th, 2017, 17:00
Hmmm... I dont have that particular CoC module but others load for me without me having to modify the extension...?
The Universal Module extension only covers 7e for Call of Cthulhu, it needs CallOfCthulhu adding to the list of acceptfrom rulesets to allow 6e modules to be accessible.

Ikael
December 19th, 2017, 19:27
The Universal Module extension only covers 7e for Call of Cthulhu, it needs CallOfCthulhu adding to the list of acceptfrom rulesets to allow 6e modules to be accessible.

If you want to support all previous SavageWorlds module iterations you might also want to add following to the acceptfrom list:

<acceptfrom ruleset="SavageWorlds3" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="SWEX" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="SWD" />

Sgain
December 19th, 2017, 23:47
where is this extension? I can't seem to find it.

Trenloe
December 20th, 2017, 00:49
where is this extension? I can't seem to find it.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension

Sgain
December 20th, 2017, 04:32
Thank you!

damned
December 20th, 2017, 11:37
If you want to support all previous SavageWorlds module iterations you might also want to add following to the acceptfrom list:

<acceptfrom ruleset="SavageWorlds3" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="SWEX" />
<acceptfrom ruleset="SWD" />

Hi Ikael are they corerpg based? I will add them in.

damned
December 20th, 2017, 11:38

As always - thank you Trenloe.

Ikael
December 20th, 2017, 11:42
Hi Ikael are they corerpg based? I will add them in.

Those are the ones names of the ruleset. Some modules might still use them instead of SavageWorlds. But they all mean the same ruleset