PDA

View Full Version : Custom Monster Weirdness

Reynard203
December 17th, 2017, 21:25
I need a custom dragon for a big adventure I am running. I decided to copy the Ancient Bronze and make changes to reflect the creature. Now when I put the custom dragon in the combat tracker, only a few of its abilities show up. Note that there are entries for each ability, which are empty, but the icon next to the entry does open up to the description. Note also that there does not seem to be rhyme or reason as to what shows up. I altered the breath weapon, for example, and it still shows up but the Frightening Presence does not, which I did not change. I also kept both the claw and tail attacks the same but only the claw attack shows up.

Anyone have any clues? Thanks.

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2017, 21:44
Not without seeing what you have done, no. Can you post a screenshot

Reynard203
December 17th, 2017, 21:57
It turns out I needed to update an extension. The "remove effects" extension was having some sort of conflict and once I updated it everything worked fin. Thanks anyway.

While I have you hear: any idea how to apply a DC to a spell added to the creature's sheet?

hehaub
December 17th, 2017, 22:35
It turns out I needed to update an extension. The "remove effects" extension was having some sort of conflict and once I updated it everything worked fin. Thanks anyway.

While I have you hear: any idea how to apply a DC to a spell added to the creature's sheet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7oeHO-nQs
I believe the answer you are looking for is in this FG video. You set the DC via Spellcasting ability(i think). I recall learning it via this video though

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2017, 22:38
FG automatically adds in the spell DC and attack when the creature is added to the CT; assuming that you have correctly set up the spellcasting trait in the NPCs description. (This was added to FG subsequent to the date the video in the link was made).