PDA

View Full Version : pc setup for gm

Draca
December 17th, 2017, 01:11
having some trouble getting my second pc to pass the connection check.

Router is a e2500 by lynksys (cisco)
isp is Shentel cable

I can connect to myself on the same pc
Ive checked to make sure my ip address for my pc is static
ive added a portforward of 1802 1802 tcp to my ip for the router
ive added an exception on my antivirus for the entire fantasy grounds folder
and ive given my firewall full access for fantasy grounds incoming and out going
ive also tuyrned of my firewall and antivirus to be sure it wasnt them.

any ideas are greatly appreciated

oh yeah ,
Windows 10
Zone alarm firewall and antivirus

LordEntrails
December 17th, 2017, 01:28
Only the Host/GM computer needs to and will be able to pass the connection test.

This is because port forwarding on your router can only be configured for one computer (IP address) at a time.

If you need two computers to be able to host, you will need to change your port forwarding when you switch. If you need both to host different games at the same time, then one of them will have to use a non standard port (and so will all the players that want to connect to that second host).

Please let us know if you were just thinking a player/client needed to pass the connection test, or if one of the other scenarios is what you are interested in.

Draca
December 17th, 2017, 01:54
Im just trying to set my newer pc up for me to use, the other one is going to the kids =)

Draca
December 17th, 2017, 03:11
I contacted Shentel , and my cable router was behind a private ip address , they moved me to a public address and everything works great!

LordEntrails
December 17th, 2017, 03:48
Glad you got it. Thanks for letting us know the solution.

FG_Dave
December 21st, 2017, 10:07
I contacted Shentel , and my cable router was behind a private ip address , they moved me to a public address and everything works great!

Good good!

Happy gaming!