PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DM for a 5E.

Zantatsu
December 15th, 2017, 23:47
Me and my Buddy are looking for a DM to let us play with we only have the demo of Fantasy Grounds and are fairly new to D&D starting at level 1 and any alignment.

greybeardgunner70
December 16th, 2017, 00:01
I'm interested in starting a group. Haven`t gamed in years but looking to get back into DMing. First question is when are you available to play? I can play evenings, monday through thursday, eastern standard time.

Zantatsu
December 16th, 2017, 00:11
do you have the ultimate edition so people that have the demo can join you?

greybeardgunner70
December 16th, 2017, 00:21
I have standard but can upgrade if we choose to go forward, no issue.

Zantatsu
December 16th, 2017, 00:23
hell ya man do you got discord?

MintSprinkles
December 16th, 2017, 02:02
Hello to both of you,

@greybeardgunner70 Another player and I are interested in joining a campaign for 5e. If you are willing to DM with FG we'd certainly be interesting in joining this group if it successfully forms. Should we PM you? Thanks in advance!

greybeardgunner70
December 16th, 2017, 02:11
Yes, send me a message and we can discuss particulars.

Zantatsu
December 16th, 2017, 02:26
My discord is Zantatsuro Takshima

greybeardgunner70
December 16th, 2017, 03:24
My ideas, all negotiable:

FG License: Ultimate
Game System:5E

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Mon or Wed, 7 or 8pm start
If new game, planned start date: First week JAN
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly; 3-4 hours
Term: Long Term. Players need to be able to commit to 6 months or so.

Text or Voice: Discord or Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, Modified Published Adventure Path (Hoard of the Dragon Queen, unless already played by some of the group)
Number of Players in game & needed: minimum 4
Character starting level & equipment: Start at level 1
Character restrictions: Prefer low magic, martial campaigns over standard D&D mega-fantasy Disneyland type scenarios. Think Middle Earth or Westeros vice Forgotten Realms or Eberron. However, there is just too much ready to use content available that is based in Forgotten Realms, so we will use that, but with some modification and house rules that will downplay some of the magic and mostly unnoticeable to the players.
Races: Usual panoply minus Tieflings, Dragonborn, and dark races. How does one form words with a serpent tongue? And if you’re evil, just play as evil, no need to racially profile.
Classes: No changes, though there will be restrictions on overly powerful spells, particularly anything to do with resurrection or travel. Campaign will be focused on martial classes vs those that specialize in magic. IE, magic users are rare and not very trusted, whereas most powerful figures are notable fighters, rogues or clerics, etc. Once again, think ME or GOT.

Details of your scenario: The PCs are all new to each other and adventuring. We will build a detailed backstory for each, and every effort will be made to incorporate significant events into the campaign for each character. The campaign’s beginning will bring the characters together and give them compelling reasons to quest together for the greater good.

About me: I am a career Army officer, who’s finding he has more time on his hands these days and is looking to get back into gaming. I played in high school and college (back when AD&D was the primary version), but work and family made it impossible to stay with it. I have kept my head in the fantasy/RPG genre over the years through reading fiction and PC gaming. Looking forward to DMing a campaign and learning/using FG as the vehicle to do so. I am very laidback and relaxed, with an overarching understanding that we all just want to have fun. Very flexible and open minded, totally agree with the great advice I have gleaned lately that the DMs role is to make sure the Players are having fun. If you are having fun and enjoying the gameplay, than I will too.

Zantatsu
December 16th, 2017, 03:34
My buddy was hoping to be a tiefling if that is negotiable.

MintSprinkles
December 16th, 2017, 03:43
My ideas, all negotiable:

FG License: Ultimate
Game System:5E

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Mon or Wed, 7 or 8pm start
If new game, planned start date: First week JAN
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly; 3-4 hours
Term: Long Term. Players need to be able to commit to 6 months or so.

Text or Voice: Discord or Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, Modified Published Adventure Path (Hoard of the Dragon Queen, unless already played by some of the group)
Number of Players in game & needed: minimum 4
Character starting level & equipment: Start at level 1
Character restrictions: Prefer low magic, martial campaigns over standard D&D mega-fantasy Disneyland type scenarios. Think Middle Earth or Westeros vice Forgotten Realms or Eberron. However, there is just too much ready to use content available that is based in Forgotten Realms, so we will use that, but with some modification and house rules that will downplay some of the magic and mostly unnoticeable to the players.
Races: Usual panoply minus Tieflings, Dragonborn, and dark races. How does one form words with a serpent tongue? And if you’re evil, just play as evil, no need to racially profile.
Classes: No changes, though there will be restrictions on overly powerful spells, particularly anything to do with resurrection or travel. Campaign will be focused on martial classes vs those that specialize in magic. IE, magic users are rare and not very trusted, whereas most powerful figures are notable fighters, rogues or clerics, etc. Once again, think ME or GOT.

Details of your scenario: The PCs are all new to each other and adventuring. We will build a detailed backstory for each, and every effort will be made to incorporate significant events into the campaign for each character. The campaign’s beginning will bring the characters together and give them compelling reasons to quest together for the greater good.

About me: I am a career Army officer, who’s finding he has more time on his hands these days and is looking to get back into gaming. I played in high school and college (back when AD&D was the primary version), but work and family made it impossible to stay with it. I have kept my head in the fantasy/RPG genre over the years through reading fiction and PC gaming. Looking forward to DMing a campaign and learning/using FG as the vehicle to do so. I am very laidback and relaxed, with an overarching understanding that we all just want to have fun. Very flexible and open minded, totally agree with the great advice I have gleaned lately that the DMs role is to make sure the Players are having fun. If you are having fun and enjoying the gameplay, than I will too.

Sounds good so far! I am on board and available for those times. I've never played Hoard of the Dragon Queen before, but I'm willing to try new material!

greybeardgunner70
December 16th, 2017, 04:11
Of course, those were just my preferences not hard rules.