PDA

View Full Version : Harrow Deck

ProfDogg
December 15th, 2017, 00:25
If I wanted to use the new Harrow Deck extension in my 5e campaign, would it work within that system as well? Or is it exclusively for PF/3e?

--Prof.Dogg

damned
December 15th, 2017, 00:46
Someone could test it with this extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension
Id suggest soemone who has bought it already try it rather than buying it yourself if you dont use Pathfinder

KILLGORE
December 15th, 2017, 06:40
You could use it with 5e also. There is the Tarokka deck that's part of Curse of Strahd thats virtually the same. It has no rules per say, as you can interpret the cards any way you see fit. The directions explain it better and there are a few videos on yout00b that show how to use it.

Atrill
December 16th, 2017, 09:02
Basically, this extension can normally function with any ruleset. However, there is "harrowing" spell in the module, wich drops an error window in other rulesets. Because of this module available for PF only.

paladiusdarkhelm
June 28th, 2018, 01:38
I searched the forums and found this post. I'm trying to use the Harrow Deck in a 5e game, but the Harrow Deck extension only is a selectable option in a PF game. I also don't see the extension in the extensions folder to try and edit it to apply to the 5e ruleset. Does anyone know the name of this extension (not sure why I can't find it after just purchasing it).

Trenloe
June 28th, 2018, 01:51
I also don't see the extension in the extensions folder to try and edit it to apply to the 5e ruleset. Does anyone know the name of this extension (not sure why I can't find it after just purchasing it).
Most recently published material, including Paizo products, are encrypted in the vault directory, so you can't access it.

paladiusdarkhelm
June 28th, 2018, 01:53
That...saddens me. Thanks Trenloe. I'll contact support and have to ask for a refund. When I looked on the forums, it looks like posts indicated one was able to get it to work with the 5e ruleset. THis appears to not be the case.

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2018, 02:07
That...saddens me. Thanks Trenloe. I'll contact support and have to ask for a refund. When I looked on the forums, it looks like posts indicated one was able to get it to work with the 5e ruleset. THis appears to not be the case.
Did the extension mentioned in post #2 not work?

paladiusdarkhelm
June 28th, 2018, 02:33
From what I can tell the universal extension is just for enabling other modules. If it does also work for extensions though, I don't mind trying it that way.

damned
June 28th, 2018, 03:15
It does not work for Extensions.

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2018, 19:14
From what I can tell the universal extension is just for enabling other modules. If it does also work for extensions though, I don't mind trying it that way.
Ah, I didn't realize this was an extension.

paladiusdarkhelm
June 28th, 2018, 19:19
Yeah. It does also have an informational based module but for the functionality, I mostly was wanting the Extension to work in my 5e game so I could facilitate that mechanic there. :-)

Wise Orc Tavern
December 3rd, 2019, 11:57
Sorry for casting Animate Undead on this topic, but the end output of this discussion is not clear to me.

Can someone confirm if Harrow Deck works for D&D5e somehow?

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2019, 12:47
Can someone confirm if Harrow Deck works for D&D5e somehow?
Nope.

Wise Orc Tavern
December 3rd, 2019, 13:34
Nope.

Ok, thank you.

KILLGORE
December 3rd, 2019, 20:03
OK so the harrow deck was made for Pathfinder but it goes on the alignment system found in most RPG's. LG, NG, CN, LN, etc.... so you could use it with any roleplaying game as a fun way to use a form of tarot or divination into your games. It is not mechanic or game specific.

Atrill
December 5th, 2019, 10:22
OK so the harrow deck was made for Pathfinder but it goes on the alignment system found in most RPG's. LG, NG, CN, LN, etc.... so you could use it with any roleplaying game as a fun way to use a form of tarot or divination into your games. It is not mechanic or game specific.

Sure, but this extension contains exactly one PF spell, because of which it can't work with D&D5e ruleset.

paladiusdarkhelm
December 5th, 2019, 12:59
It was also set up so that you can't go in and modify it to apply to other rulesets. It's locked up as a paid product if I remember my blunder from back then in not knowing that at purchase :-/

That said, I'd totally use it if it applied to other D20 games where it could apply :-D

KILLGORE
December 5th, 2019, 15:10
Sorry i lost that card and use the deck chaotically lol