PDA

View Full Version : Question about CC3

doseyclwn
December 14th, 2017, 22:35
Is cc3+ enough of an improvement over cc3 as to warrant the $27.95 upgrade?

Trenloe
December 14th, 2017, 22:41
There are a lot of under the hood improvements - if you do large maps the speed increase in rendering will probably be worth it alone. If you want to get some of the recent add ons then you'll pretty much need CC3+ anyway.

I suppose it all depends. If you hardly use CC3 then it *might* not be worth it. But, some of the speed issues in CC3 that might have annoyed you have been improved in CC3+.

Zacchaeus
December 14th, 2017, 22:59
I’d second exactly what Trenloe says. The speed increase exporting a png is wonderful. CC3 would very often crash trying to export even relatively small maps. There are many other improvements to the way things operate but as Trenloe says it depends how often you use it and whether you need or use the add ons.

celestian
December 15th, 2017, 00:30
Is cc3+ enough of an improvement over cc3 as to warrant the $27.95 upgrade?

I'll add my voice to what the others have said. If you use CC3 with any regularity it's worth it.

LordEntrails
December 15th, 2017, 01:25
I believe effects and bitmap support is much better in 3+, but I didn't use 3 that much so it could be I just learned that stuff after going to 3+.

Jay_NOLA
December 15th, 2017, 19:05
They added also some more effects of things that you need a program like Photoshop to do and other improvements.
CC3+ also has a new mapping style with it. All the new Annuals an new content will be just for CC3+ so if you are an active user of CC3 you'll want to upgrade. All the older CC3 stuff is getting a compatibility update which is going to be fee. Dioramas Pro which is was for CC2 got a CC3 comparability update is the product that is planned for the next comparability update.
Crashes are a lot less I noticed when I used it.
The old Temples accessory is supposed to at some point have a brand new version. This got announced nearly 2 years ago, so no idea on the status of it.
If you want to upgrade I recommend waiting for a sale if the price is too high.