PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a newby to FG.

Ed49601
December 12th, 2017, 00:28
I have purchased many of the Pathfinder materials. I am trying to learn the DM portion to be able to run a campaign and have a few (many but only a few now) questions...

1. Can you add templates to creatures? What if I wanted to make an Incubus/bard or a goblin/Fighter 3???

2. How can you create NPC characters? As in a few NPC's that may adventure with the party on and off.

3. When creating characters do you have to manually come up with skill points per level?

These are a few of the questions I have, any and all help would be great. Thank you.

Bidmaron
December 12th, 2017, 01:56
I have purchased many of the Pathfinder materials. I am trying to learn the DM portion to be able to run a campaign and have a few (many but only a few now) questions...

1. Can you add templates to creatures? What if I wanted to make an Incubus/bard or a goblin/Fighter 3???

You have to manually apply the adjustments to the creature(s). There is no automatic template addition facility.

2. How can you create NPC characters? As in a few NPC's that may adventure with the party on and off.

There are two options here. First, you can create the NPC just like any other character. The DM would then assign the NPC character to whichever player is going to run it, and the DM can put him on the CT just like any other character.
Second, you can create an NPC through the NPC button on the right side. The DM can then give this NPC the green player ally status. In this case, the NPC attacks have to be made from the CT rather than the character sheet like normal characters.

3. When creating characters do you have to manually come up with skill points per level?

I don't believe this has been automated yet.

Erin Righ
December 12th, 2017, 02:00
Hi Ed, welcome

1. I don't believe creatures support drag and drop templates, but that being said, it isn't rocket science to add a template to a creature entry in FG. You would have to input the Incubus race as that is not at all standard but you could easily create a Goblin Fighter 3

2. You create those sorts of NPCs exactly like creating a character, you just right click the character in the selection screen and click the mask icon. That takes control of it as a "GM Character"

3. If you bought the PF Core rules for FG, then it should add skill points automatically when you drag and drop your next class level

Hope that helps

Erin Righ
December 12th, 2017, 02:00
ah ninja'd

Nylanfs
December 12th, 2017, 17:12
1. Not exactly true, the Advanced Bestiary from Green Ronin has a NPC builder (and stat-block importer) for Pathfinder.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=GRR2901e